Has anyone heard or seen on of these yet?

Interesting. Could be pricey for short cooks if the Briqs aren't reusable. Site says they last 30-45 minutes, which could be a couple short cooks, depending on how long they take to warm up.

Seems like a similar business model to printers, where they plan to make all of their money with the ink cartridges (in this case the "briqs").

$800 for the grill and then $4-6 for each briq. I'm sure if the grill is a success then the folks over in China will reverse engineer the briqs and sell cheaper on Amazon/eBay.

Mildly interesting idea, especially if the "briq" formulation is geared towards heat control. But, as Kyle has noted, it almost has to be the Gillette model. Pound for pound, their custom "briqs" look like they'd be some of the most expensive charcoal out there. And if they're banking on cornering the market on consumables, those would have to be completely patented to have any chance at legal protection/isolation.

Yea I agree. They have different " briqs" one for grilling, one for L&S and another for High Heat.
Seems expensive, but free shipping and a 60 day test drive :p

Tim

Haha, I noticed that the other day. So close to the same name
ChuckG and Chuck G are even closer and ChuckG got confused:

Has anyone had any recent contact with Mark at Killa Grilla? I need a custom grill grate for my 2001 Silver C. I have had no response to last weeks email and his voice mail box is full.
Strange - this is not my post. I don’t have a Killa Grilla
Is this some kind of a database issue?

Chuck

The grill looks exactly as others have said. I agree that’s pretty dear for something with limited fuel, the Gillette theorem would apply if the grill itself was less but, Geez! That’s a stiff point of entry!

My wife carried a Croatian handle which to this day, one in five hundred can sort out, I got my Dr’s heritage first shot! He was impressed the lack of vowels throws us anglos off.

I noticed this one, too, and immediately saw the PK look alike connection. I occasionally post on the FB PK group and shared this new “Spark.” It got a similar reaction there. One big ding people there gave was the steel construction vs aluminum that PK has. PKs are all aluminum, and many 60-year old grills are still being lovingly used today. Others commented how you could easily be orphaned out of cooking if the company is not successful.

I have to admit I am smitten by the ultra modern sleek style. I posted on the PK group that PK should come out with a similarly modern cart and wheel set to put their classic “Original” on. As far as the charcoal “bricks” - yeah it is HP ink all over again🙄.

Back