Happy late turkey day from Alaska!

Morgan C.

TVWBB Diamond Member
Howdy folks..bit late on posting this...have not done much cooking/posting...life has been busy!! Anyway ...we did 3 birds this year again...1 big one in the oven and a 10 and 12 in the wsm...here's how it went!
Didn't brine this year...got our birds real late so they were thawed and injected with butter and broth, hit the two birds for the smoker with penzys Northwoods!

Got some birds prepped, fired up the smoker and had breakfast!! Can you believe up until this am no snow!!

Both birds on...top one on for about an hour at this point...apple wood for smoke...temps running about 310 with no water in the pan. I staggered the birds as the top bird was for a different family and they were eating earlier!

After 3 hours a pulled the top bird and moved my 12 up to the top rack!

And done!! 3 hours!

Both my birds ready for carving!

All plated up...happy happy thanksgiving!!

And the aftermath👹.....just too much turkey!!

Thanks for looking folks!! Have a great Sunday!!

Is there that big of Time zone difference between the east coast and Alaska? ;)

Looks great! So, what was the verdict? I wouldn't up doing two birds and one butt for thanksgiving.

Is there that big of Time zone difference between the east coast and Alaska? ;)

Looks great! So, what was the verdict? I wouldn't up doing two birds and one butt for thanksgiving.

Verdict was a couple very tasty birds...didn't miss the brine at all...light apple smoke flavor...worked out well! One of the birds was for a buddy and his family...we didn't eat 3 birds...

Happy Thanksgiving Morgan, nice looking birds and plate!

Had the same situation at our home too.
S1030742_zpsd696aa40.jpg

That was a excellant plate of food, very nice job on the birds as said great color,your a good friend to help a buddy out like that.

Back