Ham For Easter on the 18.5"wsm

S.Six

TVWBB All-Star
Got a butt portion ham from Kingsoopers. A friend of mine brought on over so i could cook his too. Fired up almost a full chimney of lit on top of mostly used charcoal. Add two small chunks of hickory wood for smoke.
Turned out pretty good, next time maybe just one chunk of hickory though. Used a brown sugar, mustard and rum glaze for it and it was ok. Might try the mustard whiskey glaze as on the tvwb.
Well hope you all had a great Easter, and see ya next cook!

Last edited:
Now that looks delicious....are those pre cooked hams? What temp wee you cooking at and what IT did you pull them ?

Now that looks delicious....are those pre cooked hams? What temp wee you cooking at and what IT did you pull them ?
Yes, this was a "ready to eat" ham. Most of the cook ran at 235°. Although in the interest of time i had to bump the heat up near the end. I pulled them at around 130°IT.

Looks killer....I find that ham is difficult to bring flavor to, but yours looks much better than mine.

Wow Six, all these great looking hams! I had to pull one out of the freezer last night and will be doing a similar cook in the next couple of days. Yours look fantastic!

Back