Grilled Ham and Pineapple Pizza

BradH

TVWBB Member
For this group I know this is nothing new, but I've been grilling pizza for years, and nobody ever believes me. Anyway, here is what I made tonight for dinner. Started with homemade slow rise dough on Thursday night. On Friday night I cut up some pineapple, ham, mozzarella, Parmesan, and fresh basil. Baked one side of the dough on the grill with some apple wood to add a little smoke, added some pizza sauce made fresh from the garden yesterday, added my toppings and threw it back on the grill to finish it off.

So much better than the old days of ordering pizza!

2012-08-10%2019.28.44.jpg

2012-08-10%2019.48.09.jpg

I agree that you turned out some mighty fine looking pizzas. I love grilling pizzas and view them as kind of the Holy Grail. So many variables and combinations to consider. To me it looks like you have a solid handle on it. Thanks for the inspirational pics.

Mike

I am curious about the pictures not showing up. I am hosting them myself as I have no idea what service to use for hosting. I have looked around in the help section here, but I may need to start a new topic to get recommendations if that is allowed.

As for the throw-down...thanks for the push, but the attached are all the pictures I have. Taking pictures of my plated food gets in the way of eating it! :)

Beautiful pies and scrumptious toppings!! I think pineapple as a pizza topping is maybe bigger in Canada

I'm seeing the photos in your initial post at the time I write this.

Some photos hosting services are listed in the FAQ...click it above, then "How to Embed Photos in Posts".

Regards,
Chris

Back