Grilled cheese hot dogs on the Weber Slate.

Lost me at toasting cheese and butter. Just imagining the smell kinda turns my stomach. Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. There is just something about the smell, of that process that truly upsets me

Lost me at toasting cheese and butter. Just imagining the smell kinda turns my stomach. Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade. There is just something about the smell, of that process that truly upsets me
You don't like grilled cheese?!

Skip the butta and use evo or whatever or just don't go there.

Yeah, I’m kind of on the salted butter train with you JeffG but, I also see Larry’s point, some smells send me running. I think I might have to try this though.

I didn't have and dogs, so I used bratwurst. I didn't get any photos. They disappeared too quick. But, I will vouch for them being good. I am thinking dogs would be a better choice though.

Actually not really. Browning butter or cheese makes a smell I just can't take. IDK why as I know many people really enjoy that stuff. Call me weird I guess. I can live with that :D
Oh, dear. I just live for the smell of saute'ing onions and garlic in a nicely browned butter, destined for oh so many different dishes. And I just love a good grilled sandwich, of all sorts.

Used to be that Dad could not stand the smell of grated Parmesan cheese, it would just turn his stomach. Then he had his gall bladder removed.... and Parmesan cheese wasn't a problem for him any more. He still didn't care for it, but didn't have the upset stomach.

Oh, I am here to tell you, when I sauté onions and or garlic in EVOO.......................Oh man just slap that mess on some crusty bread and leave me alone. I'm makin a piggy of myself. Or when I fry peppers in EVOO with garlic for sammiches YES! Hurt me!
Put butter in that pan and you're sending me runnin

I forwarded the vid to the MRS.....regardless of what she thinks I will be eating this.....
6 might be too much for just one person but I will give it a good go.....;)
I have the slate too so how can it go wrong.
Also going to pickle the jalapeño........it's easy and I haven't done that in a long time.
Might also make fried onion first and put that inside as well........

Thanks for posting!

Last edited:
I watched it again to look where he had the temps set on the knobs. It only shows it while cooking the hot dog itself.
The slate cooks hot.....I use 3/4 temps all the time and that thing is smoking hot...usually to hot for what I want.....I am still learning obviously.
Now he does say medium heat but I can see it's set on low.....looks like it anyways, need to go double check what it looks like.......the lowest which might be the right spot as nothing really needs to make a certain temp......I can also only assume the cheese gets melted on the same low setting.....so that's what it will be.

Now who's popping over, I need to get supplies still.

I watched it again to look where he had the temps set on the knobs. It only shows it while cooking the hot dog itself.
The slate cooks hot.....I use 3/4 temps all the time and that thing is smoking hot...usually to hot for what I want.....I am still learning obviously.
Now he does say medium heat but I can see it's set on low.....looks like it anyways, need to go double check what it looks like.......the lowest which might be the right spot as nothing really needs to make a certain temp......I can also only assume the cheese gets melted on the same low setting.....so that's what it will be.

Now who's popping over, I need to get supplies still.
I'm in.

Back