Green Genesis 1000LX Build

I purchased it from a local industrial hardware store, but Amazon has them.

I set up that quick jig using a framing square, and some nuts for spacers. I think you were going for 1/4" spacing so depending on the accuracy of your woodworking a 1/4 or 5/16 hex nut will be in the 1/4" thickness.

Think I used a 1/8" drill for the pilot holes. I wrapped a piece of blue tape on the bit to use as a depth gauge at about 3/8" from the top of Z-metal. I have a 12v Dewalt drill and impact I like for these delicate jobs, and hand tighten the screws after I get them close. That 18v is just too bulky, but like for construction projects for me.

I too am close, finished cleaning up the drip pan. Tomorrow will pull the guts out and test the valves I rebuilt and the burners.
Awesome can't wait to see it!

Perfect! I ordered those screws. They will be here tomorrow. I also ordered all different sizes of horse shoe shims in case I have to find tune my spacing.

I just went out and finished the last 3 coats of GF 450 after my family went to bed so that can dry overnight. Maybe I'll get it wrapped up. I know my wife wants me to finish sanding her 1940s cabinet so she can finish it though so we'll see.

Last edited:

Back