Green Genesis 1000LX Build

Gorgeous work. Gotta laugh. You said "Horseshoe" shims and then I thought "yikes what doesn't this guy do". Assuming you actually did Ferrier work on the side :D

20240715_190149~3.jpgScreenshot_20240727_181527_Photos.jpg

So I had a vision and I wanted to see it through. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It turned out exactly how I wanted it to. That said I really like this 1000LX in its original form with the gray Durawood equally as much. I have all the original Durawood in its original z-metal and if I restore a worthy grill I may put this wood on it and put the original Durawood back on this one. Either way I love this grill. I wish I could share my results with @Rich Dahl. This one's for you Rich🙏🏼

Yes, you can always put it back to original if the mood hits you to do so. I also want to mention that you did a great job matching the grain of that wood along with getting the spacing right on all the tables. Those are not small details.
Thank you Steve! Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

I made 3 handles and they all turned out so good it was hard to decide.

View attachment 96785View attachment 96786

So I had a vision and I wanted to see it through. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It turned out exactly how I wanted it to. That said I really like this 1000LX in its original form with the gray Durawood equally as much. I have all the original Durawood in its original z-metal and if I restore a worthy grill I may put this wood on it and put the original Durawood back on this one. Either way I love this grill. I wish I could share my results with @Rich Dahl. This one's for you Rich🙏🏼

The character of the wood is remarkable. Gorgeous restoration, Josh! It’s a true beauty, with either real wood or durawood.
You should throw a redhead on it, with the wood slats and take a pic. Personally, I think the redheads look way sharper with the real wood than any other color (blue included).

The character of the wood is remarkable. Gorgeous restoration, Josh! It’s a true beauty, with either real wood or durawood.
You should throw a redhead on it, with the wood slats and take a pic. Personally, I think the redheads look way sharper with the real wood than any other color (blue included).
Thank you Cody!

I have 3 more Redheads on deck for restoration so maybe that will be my move!

I took a picture where the lid looked black and the wood looked great also.
20240727_164302~2.jpg

I don't know, I think a black lid with real wood is pretty sharp too.Screenshot_20230918-232252.png

Back