Green Genesis 1000LX Build

I’m only saying that because with kids, I don’t have much expendable income, currently. But I do have all the necessary pieces and room (indoors) to store them, for my dream build!
I understand that for sure and I will never advocate for spending lots of money restoring one of these grills when it's not necessary anyway. You can put together a fantastic grill if you have already collected a few grills to use for their best parts. Most of it is an expenditure of time, effort, and a little skill. I spent less than $100 restoring that green Jack Daniels grill and it came out great. I don't know what your dream build consists of but you can turn out a super nice grill without spending big bucks on it.

I understand that for sure and I will never advocate for spending lots of money restoring one of these grills when it's not necessary anyway. You can put together a fantastic grill if you have already collected a few grills to use for their best parts. Most of it is an expenditure of time, effort, and a little skill. I spent less than $100 restoring that green Jack Daniels grill and it came out great. I don't know what your dream build consists of but you can turn out a super nice grill without spending big bucks on it.
I absolutely agree my Redhead 2000 was free and actually quite close in condition to my green lid 1000LX. That grill turned of great in my opinion. I refinished the original wood. I put some money into the stainless in the cook box but honestly I could have pieced together great parts for the cook box from my other grills and the bigest expense would have been spray paint.
20240620_213931~2.jpg

I absolutely agree my Redhead 2000 was free and actually quite close in condition to my green lid 1000LX. That grill turned of great in my opinion. I refinished the original wood. I put some money into the stainless in the cook box but honestly I could have pieced together great parts for the cook box from my other grills and the bigest expense would have been spray paint.
View attachment 96793
Even if you have to collect a few grills at $40 to $60 let's say, you should be able to make at least one really nice grill out of that and at least get your money back on the others just by cleaning them up and reselling them.

Even if you have to collect a few grills at $40 to $60 let's say, you should be able to make at least one really nice grill out of that and at least get your money back on the others just by cleaning them up and reselling them.
It's really a no-brainer. The fact that you can acquire one of these in a mid to high level condition/restoration for so little money. When I think about what it's worth to me or what to compare it to. There isn't another Grill at any price that I would rather have or have faith in its longevity. To me the value in these grills is much much higher than the going rate.

It's really a no-brainer. The fact that you can acquire one of these in a mid to high level condition/restoration for so little money. When I think about what it's worth to me or what to compare it to. There isn't another Grill at any price that I would rather have or have faith in its longevity. To me the value in these grills is much much higher than the going rate.
When we are talking Genesis 1000-5000 grills, my goal is to always have a decent one to use every day and at least one back up. I have been playing around with them long enough to know that there are also a lot of junk ones out there and I've brought home a few myself. I've also learned that previous owner abuse and neglect contributes a lot to the problems I've come across and that's not to mention the age and amount of time they have spent in the elements.

Back