Green Genesis 1000LX Build

This is what I am thinking on automotive "restorations" Here we have a shot under the hood of a gorgeous 66 Buick 430 CI Wildcat Nailhead V8 Look at what a beauty that is. It would literally sadden me to see an LS6 or some other abomination there

View attachment 96812

Here’s a group pic of the family cars. The 62 Polara 500 (white) has a non era correct punched out 440 in it with an era correct push button mated to a 727 transmission. The 63 Dart (blue) restored to factory original at the demand of my mom, was a 3rd place best in show at the Mopar Nationals back in 2000-2001 and was driven there from Wisconsin. It’s all about the execution to me! Viper has since moved on to a new owner that’s a family friend.

Attachments

• IMG_7130.jpeg
    IMG_7130.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 9
Ok so big day for me. Just picked up a Genesis 2000 redhead thats in original working condition. Just needs some cosmetic tlc. Couple of questions:
-How to clean inside of cook box?
-how to refinish outside? Both the frame and the side “caps”?
I’m super excited.

Ok so big day for me. Just picked up a Genesis 2000 redhead thats in original working condition. Just needs some cosmetic tlc. Couple of questions:
I’m super excited.
Patrick, welcome to the forum and congratulations on picking up a great project to work on. The first thing you need to do is start your own restoration thread and post pictures of your grill along with your questions. You will get lots of helpful advice and your progress won't be randomly distributed among other people's threads and projects.

I’m super excited.
Hey Patrick!
Welcome
Steve is right. To get you the best help definitely start your own thread. We are more than happy to help you step by step get the most out of your Genesis 2000.

If you need help starting a thread for your 2000 just let me know? We'll get you all set-up.

Can't wait to see your grill!

View attachment 96785View attachment 96786

So I had a vision and I wanted to see it through. I'm really happy with how it turned out. It turned out exactly how I wanted it to. That said I really like this 1000LX in its original form with the gray Durawood equally as much. I have all the original Durawood in its original z-metal and if I restore a worthy grill I may put this wood on it and put the original Durawood back on this one. Either way I love this grill. I wish I could share my results with @Rich Dahl. This one's for you Rich🙏🏼
That’s gorgeous, Josh! How difficult was it to add the extra side table?

That’s gorgeous, Josh! How difficult was it to add the extra side table?
Thank you Jeff!
Was easy to add the Right side swing table. Everything is universal/interchangeable with the Left side except the Right side slide table assembly. Thankfully I was able to get that from Steve Hoch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240826_145556_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240826_145556_Photos.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 13
Thank you Jeff!
Was easy to add the Right side swing table. Everything is universal/interchangeable with the Left side except the Right side slide table assembly. Thankfully I was able to get that from Steve Hoch.
Wow, I have a bunch of "L" ones, but I don't believe I have a single "R' in my inventory. I have thought about taking this to a sheet metal shop to see about making a run of replica right side ones.

Very nice of Steve to share a very rare item with you!

Back