Graduation Party

I have a niece graduating from high school. We thought that a self-catered BBQ would be fun. So, pulled pork for 100!

The party was Sunday, so I spent Saturday smoking the shoulders. I only have a 18.5" WSM, so needed to break out the serious equipment for this one.
lvMqitk.jpg

Fired with hardwood charcoal (The Good One) and apple wood chunks.
LGKAjZW.jpg

Loaded with 8 shoulders (about 65 lbs).
aM8bcin.jpg

Time to mop.
LeZNBX6.jpg

Coming off the smoker.
rW4ZSKS.jpg

The shoulders came off the smoker, rested a bit and then into the fridge. Sunday morning, I pulled the pork (4 of the 8 shoulders here).
hsXmduL.jpg

With all this smoking going on, we still needed dinner on Saturday night (we had a crew of 10 helping with assorted setup).

Cowboy cut ribeyes on the WSM.
WgbvHRC.jpg

About 20 minutes per side, and then a reverse sear on the gasser. They tasted as good as they looked.
jaTjJKk.jpg

Sunday was a bit hectic, so no pictures, but the pulled pork was a hit. We finished off about 7 of the shoulders. :wsm:

Cheers Michael

Michael
Some said "tremendous" looking butts.
This is not my opinion.
For me those cowboys steaks look tremendous.
Butts simply perfect.

Wow! That was a BIG COOK!!! Looks like you & your crew did a bang-up job.
Hope you a thank you note from your niece.

Michael, that is one outstanding cook and man does it look delicious. You and your helpers did awesome. Congrats to your niece.

Holy s#%&. I know how much work that was. My personal record is cooking for about 30 and that about killed me! Outstanding dedication and execution!!!

Back