Got my Vieluxe, now what??

Bill, I got one of those for $100 and rehabbed it for my non-profit in Florida. It needed burner/deflectors (one unit) and an axle. The guy who sold it told Crown Verity that it had rusted. They sent him an entire NEW GRILL!!! The "rust" came off the high quality stainless with a little vinegar. :smilekettle:

Crown Verity Exterior AFTER.jpeg

Crown Verity Grate & Inside.jpeg

This is a grill perfect for what I got it for - a commercial setting. Very high quality, but I don't really think I would want one for home cooking. The water pan as a grease tray was a very interesting touch. So was the front E-W burner that serves as the pilot light. Beyond the all-304 stainless construction, this is a very basic, austere design. That's ideal for a commercial application.

Bill, I got one of those for $100 and rehabbed it for my non-profit in Florida. It needed burner/deflectors (one unit) and an axle. The guy who sold it told Crown Verity that it had rusted. They sent him an entire NEW GRILL!!! The "rust" came off the high quality stainless with a little vinegar. :smilekettle:

View attachment 44151

View attachment 44152

This is a grill perfect for what I got it for - a commercial setting. Very high quality, but I don't really think I would want one for home cooking. The water pan as a grease tray was a very interesting touch. So was the front E-W burner that serves as the pilot light. Beyond the all-304 stainless construction, this is a very basic, austere design. That's ideal for a commercial application.
Absolutely, no bells or whistles basic and expensive. I used one in a yet to be released movie I was in that was filmed just before the pandemic.

@Loc , when you got the grill, was it working? I'm thinking about that IR burner...does it work? I think you could heat your garage with that thing!

Also, was there an ID tag anywhere on the grill? I'd like to see it if there was...how many BTU is this grill, anyway?!!

Wow. Is that entire cook box stainless steel? I thought it was mostly or all aluminum.

So cool! And a movie including a scene with a grill no less😀. Of course, Crown Verity is proudly made in Canada 🍁 , so that fits well!

Last edited:
@Loc , when you got the grill, was it working? I'm thinking about that IR burner...does it work? I think you could heat your garage with that thing!

Also, was there an ID tag anywhere on the grill? I'd like to see it if there was...how many BTU is this grill, anyway?!!
Igniters dead. Burners were clogged, but functioning. Rotis and SB looked hardly used. One weird thing was I was able to unscrew SB gas line fitting with 2 fingers.

Tags says 126,000 BTU. I believe you calculated that a 20lb tank has about 430,000 BTUs (https://tvwbb.com/threads/genesis-ii-should-i-run-a-pipe-for-natural-gas.88662/post-994085).
Chronically late dinner guests will learn to love blue steak.

Loc
I'm late to the Vieluxe party, but really enjoyed the first 4 pages.
Thanks Jeff. You are actually not late, I initially hosted the party in the wrong forum, posted under “Buy/Sell/Trade Grills” which is where I spent most of my time looking for a Vieluxe.

Your question reminded me to register the grill. I tried selecting Summit but it can’t match serial number.

73A253F7-01E2-4E2E-9B50-347E37B9526C.jpeg

I’ll call Weber, will be my first time.

I'm sorry Bill I'm just not familiar with everyone here and didn't know we had celebs per se. My apologies if that was offensive of me. I'd like to know when it's available.
Not sure when it will be released, I’m told final edit was complete, and waiting for i’s to be dotted and t’s crossed. Unfortunately I can’t say much more due to a NDA. I will let people know when I can. Thanks

Not sure when it will be released, I’m told final edit was complete, and waiting for i’s to be dotted and t’s crossed. Unfortunately I can’t say much more due to a NDA. I will let people know when I can. Thanks
Bill, if you need to shoot amovie with a Vieluxe, I can play this guy:
E4B8B701-08C0-4C16-A0FB-0CE86A65205F.jpeg

Although, unlike this guy, I can’t have my back to the grill; or ignore it so I can listen to whatever jibber jabber his teenage daughter is saying.

Igniters dead. Burners were clogged, but functioning. Rotis and SB looked hardly used. One weird thing was I was able to unscrew SB gas line fitting with 2 fingers.

Tags says 126,000 BTU. I believe you calculated that a 20lb tank has about 430,000 BTUs (https://tvwbb.com/threads/genesis-ii-should-i-run-a-pipe-for-natural-gas.88662/post-994085).
Chronically late dinner guests will learn to love blue steak.
Yeah, don't forget to turn the burners off after a burn-off...or do the burn-off on start-up like I do. BTDT

Bill, if you need to shoot amovie with a Vieluxe, I can play this guy:

Although, unlike this guy, I can’t have my back to the grill; or ignore it so I can listen to whatever jibber jabber his teenage daughter is saying.
Daughter? I think that is one of his girlfriends. Daughters don't laugh at Dad jokes like that. :)

Last edited:

Back