Got my Vieluxe, now what??

I get it, I'll bet it was worth it. Especially after you got a chance to bring it back to its prime, much like the present Vieluxe example we are watching now! Some of the Wolf grills I've seen on google look like they have those same heavy duty knobs like our stove does, but there are a surprising number of different style Wolf knobs for different Wolf appliances.

What model is that Wolf grill?
I think it's BBQ36. Same one I think Joe redid IIRC

Does anyone know what this tab on the hood is for? There is only ONE tab on left side:
View attachment 44842
Right side of hood has no tab, and there are no weld marks whatsoever to indicate that it was ever there and subsequently broke off.

Also, when smoker box lid (located on left side) is open, this tab prevents hood from closing. If this is purpose, then why do two other Vieluxe grills on this forum show TWO tabs, one on each side:

Thread 'So this just happened...and this forum is to blame.'
https://tvwbb.com/threads/so-this-just-happened-and-this-forum-is-to-blame.90039/

Thread 'Greetings from New Jersey'
https://tvwbb.com/threads/greetings-from-new-jersey.78705/
There should be a tab on both the left side and the right side of the hood. The tabs serve as a mechanism to stop the hood when it reaches the proper closure point. The hood is likely to properly close with only one tab but a full restoration would require the addition of the second tab.

There should be a tab on both the left side and the right side of the hood. The tabs serve as a mechanism to stop the hood when it reaches the proper closure point. The hood is likely to properly close with only one tab but a full restoration would require the addition of the second tab.
Thanks Bill, that’s what I thought too. Unlike other Vieluxe grills on this forum that I’ve seen, mine looks like they never welded the right side tab on. No weld marks whatsoever. My lid seems to close straight and not cockeyed though. Maybe I got a factory reject, the runt unicorn

Thanks Bill, that’s what I thought too. Unlike other Vieluxe grills on this forum that I’ve seen, mine looks like they never welded the right side tab on. No weld marks whatsoever. My lid seems to close straight and not cockeyed though. Maybe I got a factory reject, the runt unicorn
You may be missing the second tab but you lucked out on a good set of burners. Your burners look to be burning nice and clean with no noticeable rust damage. Hopefully you will get lots of use before having to deal with the replacement problem. When I got my 4 burner Vieluxe the burners were shot. Of course, that is the reason it was up for sale.

Back