Good Morning!!!!!!

This is from yesterday, but I'm still thinking about it. I like mine with a little green sriracha drizzle. It isn't spicy, but adds a wonderful, tangy zing.

1611508521898.jpeg

Have had some pretty good breakfasts lately, just forgot about this thread. lol

Usually we save bacon for Sunday breakfast, but today being St . Patrick's Day, DH cooked us bacon , grits and eggs.

What have you all been eating for breakfast lately?

The biscuits & gravy was quite good.

The only critiques had to do with the choice of sausage I bought and the thickness of the gravy.

The whole family wanted more spice/kick from the sausage (I bought a generic Safeway country sausage) and the gravy to be just a bit thicker (maybe whole milk, not low fat).

But, it all got gobbled down. (y)
Savoie's sausage from Opelousas LA fixes that!

I just came across something that DH will really like for Breakfast!!!!

Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Egg-In-A-Hole

1. Cut a 2" hole in the center of the sandwich with a cookie cutter or small drinking glass.
2. Cook the sandwich in a buttered ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat until toasted on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and crack 1 egg into the hole, season with salt and pepper and cook until the white starts setting, about 2 more minutes.
3. Transfer the skillet to a 375F oven; bake until the white is set but the yolk is still runny, about 4 minutes.

Source: F. N. mag. 4-15
That's some ol' cowboy toast right there, umhuh

Oh!! Were we bad, bad, bad this morning. For the first time we had something from this place. DH ordered "Sparkle Berry" and I ordered "Caramel Apple Pie" cinnamon buns. We both enjoyed them very much.

Wife loves cinnamon buns. Make them for her once in a while with bourbon glaze. I like bear claws myself.

Attachments

• 9CE95607-DA5D-4192-B9BF-5512D2F4FA2F.jpeg
    9CE95607-DA5D-4192-B9BF-5512D2F4FA2F.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 454AE5D5-F1CA-4EBA-A097-E699866F21A4.jpeg
    454AE5D5-F1CA-4EBA-A097-E699866F21A4.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 2

Oh!! Were we bad, bad, bad this morning. For the first time we had something from this place. DH ordered "Sparkle Berry" and I ordered "Caramel Apple Pie" cinnamon buns. We both enjoyed them very much.
The Hilltop Restaurant in L'Anse , MI use to sell gigantic cinnamon rolls (they may again, for several years, they'd downsized,) and they were really good rolls. One of my college profs used to go there occasionally on Sunday mornings to get one roll, eat half, and save the other half for later. He witnessed an exchange with a customer.....

She approached the register, and said to the young gent "I'd like a dozen cinnamon rolls."

"Uh, ma'am, how many people are you feeding?"

She huffed and and said something to the effect of "I KNOW HOW TO FEED MY FAMILY!"

"Yes, ma'am, sorry, ma'am. Your order will be out in a few minutes."

About 5 minutes later, 2 guys came out of the kitchen, carrying 3 grocery bags, with rolls visible over the top of each bag.

"What's THIS?????"

"That's your order ma'am. A dozen rolls."

Each grocery bag barely held 4 rolls.

Most work days, I start with a 2 egg omelet and some breakfast meat, either bacon or sausage.
Every other Saturday, we have the boys over for "pancake Saturday". We used to go out until the pandemic hit, but it's fun having them over!
Sundays, Pammi will usually whip up a fritatta with Hollandaise.
Sometimes, she makes biscuits and gravy!
Not too often, yet not often enough, ya know?

Back in January, I posted this recipe.

Squash Fritters

1/3 cup biscuit mix
1/4 cup grated Parmesan or shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 cups grated raw yellow squash
2 to 4 TB. butter

Combine all ingredients except butter, blending well. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into skillet. Cook fritters 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.

Source: Southern Living Dinner & Supper Cookbook - 1977

Just want to let you know that if you make this, save some for breakfast. DH scrambled some eggs with them and it was delicious.

1620148114646.png

Eggs Benedict for the first time. (if memory is correct lol)

See why I don't post many pictures? lol

LOVE IS IN THE AIR...................BACON!!!!!!!!

I just love to wake up to the smell of bacon cooking. Sunday's BLTs!!!!

What do you like for Sunday breakfast?

Back