Good Morning!!!!!!

I think DH has tried that. Sometimes the plates get "too warm".

I think another problem we have happened again tonight. Tonights dinner called for squeezing lime juice over meat at the last minute. The lime was not taken out of the refrigerator early enough and was very cold. I think most of our problem is something called "poor memory". LOL (like the butter) 🙄

Last edited:
I'm sorry, Joan, what did you day? :D

As far as the too warm plates go..... plates in the oven on warm (175 F or so,) as soon as the oven comes up to temp, turn it off. Pleasantly warm for 20-30 minutes.

I'm sorry, Joan, what did you day? :D

As far as the too warm plates go..... plates in the oven on warm (175 F or so,) as soon as the oven comes up to temp, turn it off. Pleasantly warm for 20-30 minutes.
Thanks, passing that info on to DH.

I just came across something that DH will really like for Breakfast!!!!

Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Egg-In-A-Hole

1. Cut a 2" hole in the center of the sandwich with a cookie cutter or small drinking glass.
2. Cook the sandwich in a buttered ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat until toasted on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and crack 1 egg into the hole, season with salt and pepper and cook until the white starts setting, about 2 more minutes.
3. Transfer the skillet to a 375F oven; bake until the white is set but the yolk is still runny, about 4 minutes.

Source: F. N. mag. 4-15
I just put a cover on it, instead of firing up the oven.

Hi Timothy, I would think that would take the crispiness out of the bread. What do you think?

I just came across something that DH will really like for Breakfast!!!!

Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Egg-In-A-Hole

1. Cut a 2" hole in the center of the sandwich with a cookie cutter or small drinking glass.
2. Cook the sandwich in a buttered ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat until toasted on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and crack 1 egg into the hole, season with salt and pepper and cook until the white starts setting, about 2 more minutes.
3. Transfer the skillet to a 375F oven; bake until the white is set but the yolk is still runny, about 4 minutes.

Source: F. N. mag. 4-15
DH made this for breakfast this morning. He added boiled ham. We both thought they were very good. (knew it wouldn't take him too long before he made this. lol)

I thought this was very sweet. He made the hole with a star shaped cookie cutter. Ahhhhh!! (but he still can't remember to take pictures, sorry) (I still think that is a bad habit to get into, especially when out in public. lol)

Last edited:
Coffee, and a slightly charred tortilla (on the gas stove) with swipe of sour cream and a couple slices of cold smoked salmon layed on top.

Well, that sounds interesting. How was it, if I may ask? (those tortillas sure do come in handy for a lot of other things.)

A very, very late good morning!!!!! And a nice Thursday morning it is. DH made me an omelet just packed full with mushrooms. Mmmmm!!!!

An omelette without mushrooms is incomplete, sad and wrong. Although I will admit to eating one if there aren't any mushrooms in the house. ;)

I had a couple of mushroom cheeseburgers from Tuesday night. And a Coke.

We do also, but it is usually something that can turn into breakfast. For example, DH likes to cut up leftover pizza and scramble some eggs with it.One of my favorites is doing that with leftover spinach. lol

Week-end is here-how about a nice Quiche for tomorrow? This recipe was created in response to a book that came out in 1982, "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche" by humorist Bruce Feirstein. The recipe was published in a book back in 1993 by a man named Lynn Nusom who owned several restaurants. He said quiche was a featured dish on the menu and when Feirsten's book came out, he added a few things to the quiche and they continued to sell it to real men and everybody else.

Green Chile Quiche

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2 onions, peeled, chopped
3 TB. olive oil
1 1/2 TB. all purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten]
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup Tequila
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
1/4 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. ground oregano
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup green chile, chopped
1 (9") pastry shell
1/4 cup swiss cheese, shredded

Saute onions in olive oil until limp. Sprinkle flour over onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Let cool. Beat milk, tequila, salt, pepper, cumin and oregano into the eggs. Stir in cheddar cheese and chile. Pour the mixture into an unbaked pastry shell. Sprinkle swiss cheese over the top and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until the center is set and the top is lightly browned. Serves 6

Source: "The Tequila Cookbook" - Lynn Nusom - 1993

Last edited:

Back