Good Morning!!!!!!

Coffee and some avocado toast shortly. But now you've got me craving bacon...

Ohh, DH says, "do you want to share the recipe?" That is one of his favorite breakfast. (yeah, he likes to eat "healthy" also. lol)

This pic is from a week ago, made the same thing this morning. Dutch baby in a ~1940 Griswold #8, with caramelized fried apples.

Attachments

• IMG_20201227_085510577.jpg
    IMG_20201227_085510577.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 5
With my wife getting me up at five to watch the meteor shower! We were out "camping" in our trailer so we packed up and grabbed some kolaches on the way home. Yum!

Jim, Coffee and some avocado toast shortly. But now you've got me craving bacon..
Jim, have you tried this? I posted it back in July. Please click on and read the whole recipe.

Last edited:
DW found it on Food Network. We'll see how it turns out - taste report later. :unsure:
The biscuits & gravy was quite good.

The only critiques had to do with the choice of sausage I bought and the thickness of the gravy.

The whole family wanted more spice/kick from the sausage (I bought a generic Safeway country sausage) and the gravy to be just a bit thicker (maybe whole milk, not low fat).

But, it all got gobbled down. (y)

With my wife getting me up at five to watch the meteor shower! We were out "camping" in our trailer so we packed up and grabbed some kolaches on the way home. Yum!
Gary, we learn something new almost every day here. Did a search, they look delicious. Thanks!!!!

Had one of my favorite breakfasts this morning. Toasted sesame bagel with cream cheese and thin sliced tomato, with a very heavy sprinkling of black pepper. Very simple, but I really like it.

Erik, I generally pick up Jimmy Dean Spicy bulk sausage for sausage gravy. Pleasant level of spice, far from over-powering.

As far as the thickness goes, simmer it down for another few minutes and it'll thicken up quickly.

Erik, I generally pick up Jimmy Dean Spicy bulk sausage for sausage gravy. Pleasant level of spice, far from over-powering.

As far as the thickness goes, simmer it down for another few minutes and it'll thicken up quickly.
I was thinking the same thing - JD sausage for next time! (y)

A dash of red pepper flakes or a smidge of cayenne up's regular breakfast sausage when that's all you have.
A little finely diced jalapeno is also good.
I started my day shoveling :(

Jim, have you tried this? I posted it back in July. Please click on and read the whole recipe.

I haven't. Sounds very good though.

I just came across something that DH will really like for Breakfast!!!!

Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Egg-In-A-Hole

1. Cut a 2" hole in the center of the sandwich with a cookie cutter or small drinking glass.
2. Cook the sandwich in a buttered ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat until toasted on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and crack 1 egg into the hole, season with salt and pepper and cook until the white starts setting, about 2 more minutes.
3. Transfer the skillet to a 375F oven; bake until the white is set but the yolk is still runny, about 4 minutes.

Source: F. N. mag. 4-15

Hrrrrm..... THAT could be interesting, Joan.

The oven finishing technique isn't used enough, IMO. Over the last 10 years, I've taken to searing & browning on the stove top, and finishing in the oven to heat all the way through. Good way to finish off pancakes when the pan or griddle is too hot, this will let you cook the center through without overbrowning the exterior.

JK, never thought of it that way. That might me the answer to our problem. Especially frozen vegetables. They never seem to stay hot enough. Maybe a little bit of time in the oven might do the trick. THANKS!!!!!!

Another restaurant technique is warm plates. The ceramic is a pretty good heat sink when you put hot food on a cold plate.

Back