Getting older….

Mark, 45 years, you sure are a big treat to have as a member here. SHARE AWAY !!!!!!

DH get's them once in a while. Usually on a Sunday. (my day)
I make beer and hard cider, enjoy fishing and have a vegetable garden. That's about it for my excuses, except smoking, grilling, curing meats and fermenting various vegetable concoctions.

I make beer and hard cider, enjoy fishing and have a vegetable garden. That's about it for my excuses, except smoking, grilling, curing meats and fermenting various vegetable concoctions.
Hi Bob, looks like you have a lot to keep you out of troub.....er..busy. lol Glad to see you enjoy fishing also.

The closes thing to fishing for me these days is to live under the same roof as DH. In our garage, he repairs Marine generators. He also can hear fish stories from his customers. lol

Keep those fishing pictures coming!!!!!

Last edited:
And something I think we can all relate to .....

I needed to do the laundry, but then I realized I was out of detergent, so I went to write a shopping list and realized how unorganized the junk drawer was, and started checking pens for ink.

When I went to toss all the junk, I saw that the trash was full but before I took it out I wanted to get rid of old food in the fridge.
That's when I realized a juice jug had leaked so I needed to clean it up but when I went to grab a rag, I saw that the pantry closet was a nightmare so I started organizing it.

And that's how I ended up on the floor looking at my old photo albums from the 1990s and not doing laundry.
Focused like a laser. Task oriented.

This morning I went in to make coffee… got out the vacuum packer packed up some chicken thighs, made up the “Yiddishe Ribbenes“ rub, rubbed the ribs (bad picture, no coffee) then the marinadeEB295FD9-4B6F-458B-AC0A-2DE5BC9F946D.jpeg
started the dishwasher, took the thighs and vacuum packer back to the basemen. Then realized that I’d forgotten to start the coffee pot!
Its not so much the time I miss but, the wasting of it!

After I retired 20 years ago it wasn't long before I realized I had so much to do I didn't know how I ever had the time to work for a living!
Now that I will be 75 this month I'm going to slow down and smell the roses, problem is I can't smell worth a crap anymore.
So I guess now that you're old you don't smell so good

Back