Getting older….

Mark Foreman

TVWBB All-Star
And something I think we can all relate to .....

I needed to do the laundry, but then I realized I was out of detergent, so I went to write a shopping list and realized how unorganized the junk drawer was, and started checking pens for ink.

When I went to toss all the junk, I saw that the trash was full but before I took it out I wanted to get rid of old food in the fridge.
That's when I realized a juice jug had leaked so I needed to clean it up but when I went to grab a rag, I saw that the pantry closet was a nightmare so I started organizing it.

And that's how I ended up on the floor looking at my old photo albums from the 1990s and not doing laundry.

I saw a poll over on Twitter the other day asking which was worse, laundry or doing the dishes
I replied that I can have dishes done in under 20 minutes, but by the time everything gets sorted, washed, dried, folded and put away, the whole day's gone!
I'd much rather look through old photo albums than do laundry!

Retirement ain't all it's cracked up to be. There's always an abundance of chores and a shortage of excuses.

Getting older sure ain’t like the AARP pamphlets portray. Walking hand in hand with your life long spouse on a sun dappled beach at sunset . Lol

Oh Mark, what a beautiful boat. I would loved to have gone fishing in that. I think of all the things I've done for fun in the past, the one thing I miss the most is fishing. I have fished from our boat, piers in the keys, wharf's up and down the southern parts of Florida and my favorite, off of houseboats. lol Opps, forgot, canal behind my parents house and lakes. I think that's it. lol

Back