Get ready for even higher meat prices.

I had to pay $4.70 a pound for prime brisket at Sams last week. But I gotta wonder how much this will impact meat supply. The Colonial pipeline was highly dependent upon IT to deliver various grades of refined product. But meat cutting and packing should be able to still operate.

These hijackers are getting ransom in bitcoin, that was suppose to be completely traceable. Obviously, its not and its facilitating these attacks.

yeah they have been ticking upward since the pandemic, Ive been stockpiling Q in the freezer off and on for a year....my 14lbs prime brisket I purchased for smoke day was 86.00 from a small grocery store... memorial weekend probably influenced the price a little bit , they dont have a huge stock of prime brisket ever mostly choice ....needless to say if it wasnt a special occasion having people over for the first time in over a year I wouldnt have purchased for that price

Hrrrm. I saw prime packer brisket in Costco last week for $3.29/lb, lowest I've seen in some time.

I know about the cyber attacks, rising fuel costs, and feed costs, and what ever else we are being told. But let’s be honest, some, if not a good portion of these latest increases are due to plain old corporate greed. We have been fighting this fight for years now.

I know about the cyber attacks, rising fuel costs, and feed costs, and what ever else we are being told. But let’s be honest, some, if not a good portion of these latest increases are due to plain old corporate greed. We have been fighting this fight for years now.

Never let a crisis go to waste, right? I'm fairly certain there is almost zero impact from this most recent event, but you can be sure the meat companies are crying poor as a result.

I paid more than enough for the baby backs I cooked today. Can't imagine it getting much worse, but it sounds like it will.

I was in Sams Club a few days ago. I was astounded at the beef prices. And saw 27 bucks for a rack of ribs at Jewel.
They say that what goes up must come down. I'm waiting.....

Spare ribs at Sams are now $4.28 a pound. But I just bought Duroc whole spares for $4.48 at my local grocer.

Back