Genesis Platinum C

I have a "big" tube of the stuff for when I do brakes, and if it sits for a while it starts to separate. I've used more of the tube squeezing out the separated stuff than actually using the lube itself.

Yah, it seems pretty expensive for a small packet, but when you get down to it, you probably won't use a big tube too many times before it gets lost or goes bad.

For $1.79, that's fine. I would have paid $12 as well if I had to but was my preference to avoid that.

Made a bit of a costly mistake today. Went to the local steel fab place to get stainless angle irons. Got two inch and quarter pieces that will be great. They even cut them to length for me. Also got a straight cross piece (inch and a quarter) to which I'll mount the tank bumpers. So far so good.

I had this other thought that I should get a four inch wide piece of stainless for up high, to block the view of the drip tray. Didn't bother to ask the price. Well, let me just say that that SOB is heavy -- perhaps too heavy to mount. And besides, it's not the best option. The drip tray can't be permanently covered; it needs to slide out. I'm now thinking I'll take a leftover piece of stained cedar on a hinge. Could have done that for free, almost. Instead, I now have a useless piece of thick stainless which it turns out was $60. Between everything, I dropped $110 on that stuff. I'm happy with the first $50 but that cross piece was a total waste. Ah well, I'll eventually figure out some way to use it. Perhaps. Someday. On something.

Those metal supply outfits are really expensive unless you have a commercial business account with them.

Cutting steel is tough to do and make it look good unless you have some commercial steel fab tools.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going with Fiberon. Think I'm going to do two tone. Laid it out today and was surprised to find I prefer a N-S alignment to E-W. I'm pretty sure that part will look good. Still figuring out the hinged plank of cedar.

I don't know, trying to cover up the drip tray might look weird and out of place? If you have a vision, by all means go for it. Maybe I'm just used to seeing the drip tray hanging off the bottom and that just looks right to me.

I don't know, trying to cover up the drip tray might look weird and out of place? If you have a vision, by all means go for it. Maybe I'm just used to seeing the drip tray hanging off the bottom and that just looks right to me.
It looks normal to me when I'm looking at a 1000 series grill. But the platinum came with a stainless box so when I pulled it off, the drip tray seemed quite prominent. But I guess no different than the Gold and Silver so perhaps you're right. Sure would be a lot easier to leave it alone.

Back