Genesis Platinum C

Here's a question. For my Platinum, which of these igniters is the right one?

Pre-2002 model:

2002 and later:

I'm 95% sure it's the second but wanting to confirm.

There's also this one, which I'm hoping it's not:

Last edited:
Here's a question. For my Platinum, which of these igniters is the right one?

Pre-2002 model:

2002 and later:

I'm 95% sure it's the second but wanting to confirm.

There's also this one, which I'm hoping it's not:

I'm pretty sure it's the second one too. It's extremely helpful to know what model # your grill is to to know what parts you need. If there isn't an identifying number on it anymore, then Google what you do know about it's age and model to match it up.

The only difference is the how the igniter fits into the frame and secures. Chances are (95%) that the original igniter is still good and all you will need to use is the gas collector portion. But you can replace the igniter button while you are at it. I am just saying that if you get the wrong one, chances are, it won't matter.

On the product pages for those igniters that you linked to, there is a space to check for fitment where you can enter your grill model to confirm that is the correct igniter for your grill.

Found the model number and the serial number. Turns out I have a 2005 Platinum C.

Oddly, though, at least according to the information I'm finding online, it seems the 2005 Silver C and Gold C require an igniter that's unique to them, while the Platinum C uses the earlier (7510) igniter.

I'm specifically referring to the following info on part 7510 (which seems to exclude the Silver and Gold C models after 2003 but not the Platinum). Very confusing.

Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 5.38.52 PM.pngIMG_20220120_165340.jpg

Go to Weber's website and go to replacement parts and look up parts by schematic and put in your serial number and it will tell what parts you need.
I go there and it's still confusing because it lists the part as for the Silver and Cold C. No word re: the Platinum. Will call Weber tomorrow.

I'm sorry if I seem terse, but this isn't that difficult.

1. Create an account at Weber.
2. Log into that account. Select Parts & Support at the top of the menu.
3. Enter the serial number of your grill. Be careful about posting a picture of that serial number because anyone can register the grill in their name if it's never been registered before and receive warranty service.

View attachment 43833

4. Select the document of interest, or download them all. In this example, the Instruction Sheet for Dual Piezo Ignition System (2004), p/n 55396

View attachment 43834

Easy-peasy.

Thanks Ed. Will try that now.

Edit: just registered the grill but it doesn't direct me to a part. Rather, it asks me to tell it which igniter I need. Not very helpful. Will have to call them.

Last edited:
Now that you have registered. You will see a picture of the grill you entered. Click on view. At the bottom of the viewed list is the link for diagram of replacement parts. Look for the part on that diagram.

905.png

Here is another one. Platinum B without the side burner but a rusted floor. $50. East of Austin in Texas.

Here is another one. Platinum B without the side burner but a rusted floor. $50. East of Austin in Texas.
I have been watching that one He started at $120, dropped to $80 and just today he dropped to $50. He is near Bastrop.

Bastrop Platinum B pic 6.jpg

Last edited:
Look at your current igniter. If it looks like the pictures already posted of the dual port igniter, then that is the one you need.

Back