Genesis Jr Restoration

The cool thing is you can even do a simple rotisserie setup on the Q3XX and it's really quite efficient. Not using mine currently. I removed it from the deck when I was having it refinished. Just haven't moved it back yet
I would imagine they would definitely be appealing especially to a single person and maybe an older person that doesn't want to move big barbecue around. I know I could easily donate it to someone who would get much benefit. I could probably finish one for very little money also.

I am not positive, but I think you might be able to use a regular Three burner Genesis 1000 manifold and just not use the middle valve. You might want to explore that option if you can't find a NG manifold for the Jr. Then, if it fits, just remove the middle valve and put in a plug adapter.

The 3-burner Genny 1000 manifold definitely fits. It only takes a "little" modification to go to three burners . . .

6qqWoqxtAEQc23nageReJrHKBPR4Mz5RI31FHb5RoNtH1fUbZoXtEXx3QwK1xgKzCKcwpEiND0Qvwj-gdbT8XZuCUizldMtImbjw2wJJ_33zBZHGgjx334ZkRmfp7U64cpEscI069nM=w600

RztdR_CqUYtmJFOdUm0B33FDOz3RnI2269DqW6bjl69hOCQB2YY19_UlazCmWu3QAXn6N7qEB3qIeGcXCqLkrwEn_odDMSuhXNKhsfmhdSGqjFhM7cKJUXJil601MWogHt-5pxoWIW0=w600

It appears the center burner is even the OG style with the holes on both sides! That looks like it would be a phenomenal little cooker. I think I may need one of those little guys if I ever stumble across another, I won’t be leaving it.

Last edited:

Back