Genesis Jr Restoration

I just had a thought and came up with another option. I could put these four tables + handle in my luggage and refinish them in Washington and bring them back with me next time.

20240830_132021~2.jpg

This grill being in the desert does not have one ounce of rust on it anywhere so that's definitely a bonus plus this wood has fared well in this dry climate.

To be able to pick up something like this for $60 in this day and age in perfect working condition is mind blowing to me. Even if I wasn't going to do anything to it but just hook up a tank and start using it. People just don't seem to value older things like some of us do. I'm the opposite the older I guess the more I appreciate the older things that were built right and built to last. The value I see in it is a heck of a lot higher than $60

Weberitis yeah maybe.... But who's the crazy one🤪

Last edited:
Sometimes, all those old grills need is 15 minutes with a pressure washer and boom, you have a grill that is just as good as anything you can buy for $1000 today. I seriously think many of the grills that I have picked up for rehabbing have NEVER been cleaned aside from scraping the crud off the grates. I have seriously been told when picking up Silver B's that the owner "didn't even know the big grease pan was under there and could be removed". They just think you buy a new grill when it gets too dirty.

Sometimes, all those old grills need is 15 minutes with a pressure washer and boom, you have a grill that is just as good as anything you can buy for $1000 today. I seriously think many of the grills that I have picked up for rehabbing have NEVER been cleaned aside from scraping the crud off the grates. I have seriously been told when picking up Silver B's that the owner "didn't even know the big grease pan was under there and could be removed". They just think you buy a new grill when it gets too dirty.
100% Bruce

thank heavens for these great people!! :ROFLMAO:

This one isn't clean, dispose of it!

Yeah --- I've been thinking a Q would be perfect for A burger - couple of brats - A piece of chicken.... half skillet-half grates..... I could see that becoming a daily.

God help you if you put a 6" smoke tube in that.......

Control panel has a couple small dings on the right side. I always want to do high quality restoration but a little patina on this one isn't going to hurt my feelings. This one's going straight to work after completion and a little patina might help me just use it for what it's made for.

View attachment 99002View attachment 99003View attachment 99004View attachment 99005
That control panel is in really good condition except for those two chips, and you can fix those. Get some Testors black enamel model paint and a little paint brush. The better you are at touch ups, the better it will look.

That control panel is in really good condition except for those two chips, and you can fix those. Get some Testors black enamel model paint and a little paint brush. The better you are at touch ups, the better it will look.
Do you have a link for this?

I have seen porcelain enamel touch up but haven't tried anything.

Thank you for yet another valuable tip!
I'll definitely pick this up.
I saw a TV show once about restoration and there was a woman who could touch up old porcelain signs with a paint brush and they looked perfect when she was done. Air brushing might work too if you knew how to use one.

Back