Genesis Jr Restoration

More likely what you are getting is a Genesis XXI. When the small model first came out, they didn’t call it the “Jr.” Judging by the old style tank scale, black knobs and early style wheels, I think you will have an XXI like I do.

IMG_6939.jpeg
IMG_3910.jpeg

I agree with the cult status. Like the young lady who bought my XX said, "It's cute!" She had no clue about Weber history or how rare an XX is :rolleyes:. I have done only a few cooks on my XXI and would say it is OK. I have never used the rotisserie, but I think that could well be its strong suit.

Weber learned and created the Spirit/Silver A that is much better proportioned with less space between the two burners. As others here have noted, these are GREAT cookers. I still use mine frequently, even though I also have the wonderful in its own way, 1st gen Summit.

Have never used a Weber that didn't cook really well. They have always been a joy to cook on for me. Going to friends and family's houses over the years and using other people's barbecues has given me a greater appreciation for Weber. Weber BBQs make me look good as a griller. I can always easily turn out some excellent barbecue on a Weber with ease.

The XX/Junior spacing would seem perfect for rotisserie and indirect, while the Silver A seems to be just right for even grilling. I think of my Silver A as "Hot 'n Stingy" as it gets hot quickly and tanks seem to last forever.

Josh already passed on a green bowled SSP that would have rounded out the collection nicely.....
From what I can see its only missing the thermometer...... and it comes with a rotisserie ring too that makes the price really reasonable.

Back