Genesis Jr Restoration

Just Picked up this Genesis Jr for $60. I think it's a really good starting point. I just got home with it and gave it a quick dusting. It had been in the back corner of a storage warehouse for a long time. About 30 minutes from me.

View attachment 98934View attachment 98935View attachment 98936View attachment 98937View attachment 98938View attachment 98939
wow! Bargain i'd say, looking forward to seeing finished job! I was keen on the replacement burners on Etsy but both my jrs are in good shape but as you saying, spares might be a good idea. Good job!

wow! Bargain i'd say, looking forward to seeing finished job! I was keen on the replacement burners on Etsy but both my jrs are in good shape but as you saying, spares might be a good idea. Good job!
Thanks Paul!! It's not at my primary residence so I'll do a little work on it for a couple more days and then I won't see it for a while. I'm in no hurry though. I'm definitely happy with it. Everything is looking to be in good shape on it. I was expecting the worst and hoping for this. It's not a perfect time capsule barn find but it's an excellent starting point for a restoration at almost any level.

Yeah I'm pretty cheap. That would definitely be a good option. One of my frequent flyer benefits is free checked bags so I'll probably bring a suitcase full of tools next time. Ideally I'll eventually get a second set of the important stuff. I like to buy quality stuff. I priced out getting a set of DeWalt impact batteries charger on a Labor Day sale is still more than I want to spend at the moment. Kind of want to stick with DeWalt just because that's what I'm already running and eventually everything I have will be combined to one house.

I am not positive, but I think you might be able to use a regular Three burner Genesis 1000 manifold and just not use the middle valve. You might want to explore that option if you can't find a NG manifold for the Jr. Then, if it fits, just remove the middle valve and put in a plug adapter.

Back