Genesis II full size griddle - new

Mark Foreman

TVWBB All-Star
Found this on Weber‘s site. Remove the grates, install full size griddle.
Might be something I might look a bit more into.
Says “coming soon”. Plate is carbon steel.

1677429186335.png

I would be far more inclined to look at this than their stand alone product. Though I doubt it would fit on a true EW Genesis

Yah, but for not a whole lot more you could get that MM stand alone griddle. $249 is pretty steep for this one.

Are the grates on those later Spirit 300s interchangeable? I know the earlier 300's continued to use the same cook box as the Silver B's, but I was thinking they changed at some point.

Yah, but for not a whole lot more you could get that MM stand alone griddle. $249 is pretty steep for this one.
I looked into a stand alone griddle but I have just downsized my fleet to two. I wouldn’t use it that often so this looks like it could fit the bill. I use a Lodge CI griddle on my SE-335 but it’s too small.

I wonder if this will also fit the Silver B series since grates are interchangeable.
Yes I think it would and would fit a classic x000 Genesis. Since it is a one piece addition I guess you don’t need the crafted kitchen frame that you for many of the attachments. But you can retrofit the version of that crafted kitchen frame for the Spirit 300 on an old Genesis.

We placed the order. Not sure when it’ll be here. Got the scraper as well. I post pictures once it gets here.

Ok. It’s here.
Weber 7688
1678914529257.jpeg
Installed and seasoned (recommended) 3 times.
Grates are stored inside cabinet on bottom shelf.

Will be cooking bacon burgers for dinner. Weber recommends bacon and or burgers for the 1st cook or 2.

Initial observations.
On my SE-335, setting the three burners to med-low got me to the recommended seasoning temp (on lid thermometer) in about 15 minutes. I plan on cooking the burgers on low to med low. Did not expect that. It got HOT! Temperature seems real even across the surface.
Once installed, there is a gap on the sides between the griddle and the fire box. Appears to be exhaust related but it helps getting it in and out.
Not sure why, but instructions say to oil top, bottom and sides after use. I’ll see how that goes as it is 25.8 by 18.7 inches and weighs 26 lbs. (3/8 inch carbon steel). Bit of a beast to handle.
Drain hole is in the right rear corner and it uses the existing Genesis drain system.

More as I use it…..

That would be great. If it does fit an older Genesis they can be found so cheaply it might be well worth finding one and simply dedicating to be a griddle (grill) And what does it do for grease collection?

There’s a hole in the back right that feeds into the existing grease system. Seem to work pretty ok. I get you a few measurements tomorrow.

What is the grill grate dimension on the older Genesis? The griddle dimension from Weber: 1.19"H x 25.67"W x 18.67"D

I wonder if a larger drip pan will be needed.
I did my first cook today. Made 2 cheese burgers, 4 slices of back, and toasted to buns in butter. Not a lot of grease but the instructions do have you check to make sure it was empty before starting. I figure if I ever need to, I’ll use a larger pan.

Back