Genesis II full size griddle - new

6787 is sized for spirit.

23 x 17

For $200 I think I'd go another direction.

That's the right one for an old Genesis. I guess you would have to compare to other options to determine its value. I know the "Crafted Kitchen" one is only about 3/4 of a Spirit and therefore a classic Genesis surface. It's goes for about $110, but you also need the Crafted Kitchen special subgrate to hold it. Of course, with that, you also can use their other accessories. I am actually looking at that to install on my 1st gen Summit which uses the same grates as an older Genesis. If I am right, the Crafted Kitchen grate would span three of the four burners on my Summit which I think would be a very positive thing whether cooking at moderate temperatures (griddle, wok, etc.) or getting that sear grate they offer really nice and hot.

Yah, I think a standalone griddle costs just a bit more.

Or this. And don't discount it on size. It is not much smaller than a Genesis Silver B cooking surface.

Last edited:
Yeah I guess $200 or more is a little "steep". Also I am thinking I would put it on a dedicated grill. Not one I have to use for "double duty". But, at $200 you're getting dangerously close to a decent stand alone unit. Decisions decisions

One thing I like is it's stainless steel. Back in the 60s my mom lusted after a corning ware flat top electric range. No clue why. They were awful devices. Anyway she got one, and with it a large "deep" griddle tri ply in all SS exterior. I have inherited it and I gotta say I LOVE the thing.

One thing I like is it's stainless steel. Back in the 60s my mom lusted after a corning ware flat top electric range. No clue why. They were awful devices. Anyway she got one, and with it a large "deep" griddle tri ply in all SS exterior. I have inherited it and I gotta say I LOVE the thing.
$125 (right now, anwyay) is a lot more palatable to the wallet. It looks to fit, with just a little needed breathing room, in an older Genesis or a 3-burner Spirit. I wonder how a Genesis 1000 setup with one of these would compare to the new stand-alone options from Weber, Blackstone and Members Mark?

$125 (right now, anwyay) is a lot more palatable to the wallet. It looks to fit, with just a little needed breathing room, in an older Genesis or a 3-burner Spirit. I wonder how a Genesis 1000 setup with one of these would compare to the new stand-alone options from Weber, Blackstone and Members Mark?
I think if you took out the flavorizer bars it would do quite favorably. Find something like that grill I picked up a couple weeks ago for $0 solid but in need of cleaning and bars, throw a cheap set of grates on it to simply hold up the griddle, a little elbow grease and you got yourself a pretty fine griddle I would think

Yeah I guess $200 or more is a little "steep". Also I am thinking I would put it on a dedicated grill. Not one I have to use for "double duty". But, at $200 you're getting dangerously close to a decent stand alone unit. Decisions decisions
Good point. But as I pointed out earlier, I am down to a WSK and Genesis Ii and no longer need or want more grills.
I used it last night and it worked really well. It’s made of carbon steel.

Good point. But as I pointed out earlier, I am down to a WSK and Genesis Ii and no longer need or want more grills.
I used it last night and it worked really well. It’s made of carbon steel.
I think for your situation and what you are wanting to do it is a fine choice. It is just hard to see why they need to charge that much for just the flat metal, compared to buying a whole separate griddle, but I do think you can count on it being well made. It sounds like it will work perfectly for your needs.

Wow. Better than I thought. If I needed (wanted) a griddle, that is the route I would go.....Gotta love the SS.

Edit: On second thought. I find that hard to believe that it is 3/8" thick. It says it weighs 14.5 lbs. I would think that thing would weigh double that or more if it was 3/8" thick.

I actually received a smaller version of that SS Little Griddle for Christmas to use on my Silver B. I wanted to dabble with the whole griddle experience before fully committing to a bigger version.

Little Griddle Sizzle-Q SQ180

The stainless steel is about 0.075" thick, and the whole thing weighs 8.75 lbs. It is 17.75" wide x 13.125" deep x 3" tall. A magnet does stick to it.

Unfortunately, the one piece of information that you probably want is something I can't provide. I haven't cooked on it yet, so I don't know how it performs. Sorry.

Back