Genesis II full size griddle - new

There is this product. They also have a "Pro" model that is 3/8" thick. They also seem to be open to custom sizing.

Thanks Steve. I am not really in the market for one, but if I was, it would probably be SS and would have to be close to 1/4" thick.

The one for the spirit is: 1.19"H x 22.67"W x 17.29"D.
Thanks for the report, I've been waiting for this one to be released. I have the 1/2-sized griddle insert and find it's not quite big enough to do a full meal with sides.
Knowing that the 1/2-size is a bit large to wrestle to the sink for cleaning, how are you handling the cleaning chore for the full size?

So far, I’ve followed the recommendations from Weber. Once I am done cooking, I use a scraper to scrape off any stuck on food. Using a squeeze bottle, I squirt water onto the griddle and use the steam and scraper to clean the top. lightly oil to finish.
Note that Weber say to oil top, side, and bottom. After the initial seasoning, I have not oiled the bottom but that can change. Looks fine after my first couple of cooks.

Just received mine this week. I put it through 2 rounds of seasoning (they recommend 3-7).

Tonight I started with a pound of thick cut bacon, followed by a big sliced sweet onion, then 4 burgers & 2 dogs, Also griddled buns in the last few minutes. This griddle is big and will handle a lot of food at once.

For my Genesis II E-310, it seemed like a couple notches below medium was the temp sweet spot. I let it preheat about 10 minutes.

The grease handling is pretty easy, just use the spatula to sweep it into the drain. There was a little bit of flare when it hit the flavorizer bar but nothing big. I did see some drainage to the grease catcher and I suspect Mr. Raccoon will be after that soon.

Cleanup was easy, after scraping the easy stuff I hit it with a spray bottle and that loosened the rest up.

The build quality looks good, it's thick and there were no hot spots. I'll probably be using the Genesis as a flat top most of the time as I use the Kamado for most grilling chores. Looking forward to searing some fish on it as I don't like to do that indoors. 🐟

Ok. I’ve used it for a few weeks. I almost love it…. My biggest issue is, and hopefully Weber is listening, there is nowhere to store it. If I want to use my Genesis II with the grates, I need to store the flat top. I have to put it into the garage. PIA

Get yourself a campchef large griddle bag they are great for keeping that griddle in great shape without rust and they are roomier than what the description states
920656d6-3603-4c33-942d-e1408767b925.__CR0,56,563,563_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg

Camp Chef Zipper Carry Bag MODEL #: SGBLG​

MODEL #: SGBLG Dimensions: 20" x 31"

I thought that replacing grates to install a griddle would be kind of cool. Another manufacturer has made them custom for years. I got a dedicated BS griddle a few years ago that sits on my deck during the nice weather months. It compliments my Silver Series B grill that is used all year regardless of weather.

There are times I cook on the grill (burgers and dogs) and wings, etc on the griddle for a get together.

Back