Gave the Webers the night off….

Outstanding, Mark. That bread!
Doing pan-seared pork chops tonight. One of my faves when not grilling. Roast chicken is up there for me, too, when not cooking outside

We had Quiche Lorraine last night and the night before, we had Pork Belly Taco's, take-out from a restaurant . Do they count?

Mine are never sick, just too bloody cold out there! Tonight was a massive “Choucroute Garni” and it turned out better than expected! Big braised sauerkraut feast with great mettwurst, hocks and pork chops! I’m falling into food coma as I write. See y’all another day!
Sorry, didn’t take any pix!

Your bread is amazing! Italian food is a family favorite when the grill has the night off! Stuffed shells and Cajun chicken and pepper Alfredo this week.

Last edited:
We did sopressata, calabrese, prosciutto, provolone, tomatoes, lettuce, peperoncini, roasted red peppers, EVOO and red wine vinegar on crusty bread for dinner this week. Everyone loved it. All the meats and bread were finished in one sitting.

@Mark Foreman, I cook just about everything when the grills are "sick", so hard to pare it down. I guess some of my favorites are any type of pasta dish, stir fry, and a variety if Indian inspired dishes.

Your muffuletta looks excellent, and thank you for the recipes! What did you do for the olive salad? That seems to be one of the key ingredients that many who make their own can't get to taste quite like what they remember from New Orleans. I will give this a go as well.....would make a great addition to a Super Bowl spread!

R

The recipe has you make the olive salad and let it rest for a week. I let mine sit for 3 days but you can skip the rest if pressed for time. I have made the sandwich with little to no rest with excellent results. Resting made quite a difference. BTW there is a link in the sandwich recipe for the olive salad.

I followed Nolacuisine.com’s recipe to the letter for the bread, olive salad, and the sandwich itself. My go to recipe. In my opinion, closest to anything I have had in New Orleans.

Rich, as to your question: What did you do for the olive salad? That seems to be one of the key ingredients that many who make their own can't get to taste quite like what they remember from New Orleans. For me, it was the olives. I used Calamatta and Castleventrano olives and do not leave out the roasted red peppers. Once the Muffuletta is done, I tightly wrap it in plastic wrap, weigh it down (about 2 lbs, think bag of rice), and let it sit 2 hours to overnight.

Shout out to Nolacusine.com for the recipe!!

Last edited:
The recipe has you make the olive salad and let it rest for a week. I let mine sit for 3 days but you can skip the rest if pressed for time. I have made the sandwich with little to no rest with excellent results. Resting made quite a difference. BTW there is a link in the sandwich recipe for the olive salad.

I followed Nolacuisine.com’s recipe to the letter for the bread, olive salad, and the sandwich itself. My go to recipe. In my opinion, closest to anything I have had in New Orleans.

Rich, as to your question: What did you do for the olive salad? That seems to be one of the key ingredients that many who make their own can't get to taste quite like what they remember from New Orleans. For me, it was the olives. I used Calamatta and Castleventrano olives and do not leave out the roasted red peppers. Once the Muffuletta is done, I tightly wrap it in plastic wrap, weigh it down (about 2 lbs, think bag of rice), and let it sit 2 hours to overnight.

Shout out to Nolacusine.com for the recipe!!
Thanks, Mark. This looks like one of the closest versions of the classic that I have seen. Will be giving it a try for sure!

R

Another option is Giardiniera, an Italian condiment & household staple in the Chicagoland area primarily used on Italian Beef sandwiches. Comes in hot & mild choices & some brands even offer it in a relish, see link below.

Thanks for the idea, Mark.

Bread is almost ready to bake right now, and the olive salad's been resting since 8am...I'm not patient enough to wait longer 🙂

I'll post pics later. Appreciated your links...very helpful 👍

Back