Gave the Webers the night off….

Okay, so mi Muffuletta was nowhere near as attractive as Mark's. Not photogenic at all...but I did press the whole shootin' match overnight. Intensified the flavors for sure.
20220131_173750.jpg

Hi Mark, sorry it took soo long to answer. I was checking my "Recipes Made" binder, nothing there, so I checked my "Sandwich" binder and so far have found 5 recipes.

3 of them are:

Fertitta's "Muffy" Sandwich
Doodles Muffuletta
and a miniature version of
Napoleon House Muuffuletta

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, being from Pa., I am a "Hoagie Gal" lol. and as another matter of fact, DH brought home hoagies for lunch today. lol

Mark, I like mine this way,

First, to me, the most important thing is the roll. I like mine long and soft inside and with a crunch on the outside. Then. EVOO all over the inside and as I get older, the sprinkling of oregano gets less and less. lol Then sliced ham (I like deli boiled ham) Genoa salami, Provolone cheese,sliced onion, sliced tomato, lettuce. Enjoy!!!!!!

The chain Jason's Deli made a pretty good muffuletta. We'd get them to eat during parades or fireworks.

Though the best I had was from a place called Tony's in Edison Park neighborhood of Chicago.

Wow, this is awesome. I've never made bread before, but this will be my first attempt. I'm even going to bake that bread in the kettle. lol. Wife and I love NOLA and especially love the muffuletta. Thanks or posting this.

Wow, this is awesome. I've never made bread before, but this will be my first attempt. I'm even going to bake that bread in the kettle. lol. Wife and I love NOLA and especially love the muffuletta. Thanks or posting this.
My pleasure. My first taste came from Central Market. The closest I ever found to it was the NOLA recipe.

Last edited:
My pleasure. My first taste from Central Market. The closest I ever found to it was the NOLA recipe.
My wife and I got married in NOLA and we go there 3-4 times a year. We like to get the large muffuletta at the start of the trip and eat it in pieces in the camper throughout the trip. Nothing better than a full day and night out in the Quarter and coming back to the camper at night and hitting that sandwich.

So I did carnitas indoors during this past ice storm/event. Simple recipe, great results. Taste was excellent on finished product. Mexican oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, chile de arbol. After trimming and removing the bone, this weighed in at about 4lbs. I also used about 10oz bacon sliced in 2 inch pieces.

Browning the pork and bacon.
20220204_132531.jpg

After browning, added 3C water, 1C Dr. Pepper, 3/4 C chicken stock.
20220204_140435.jpg

Halfway through...
20220204_160109.jpg

And about 4 hrs in...
20220204_164539.jpg

Back