Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We've gotten quite a bit of chicken in our freezer over the past few months. Pulled out a package of thighs and rounded up some small red potatoes and a 12 oz. bag of green beans.

Put the red potatoes on JJ for around 20 minutes or so.

DSC_3874 (Large).JPG

Got the thighs, skin on bone in, going in my Lodge 12" skillet over some medium direct heat. About 15 minutes, rotating pieces in skillet once to avoid hot spots.

DSC_3878 (Large).JPG

After the 15 minutes on one side, I pulled the partially cooked chicken out of the skillet. Threw the beans into the skilled and tossed them in the chicken fat. Returned the chicken to the skillet on top of the beans. Drizzled melted butter and chopped garlic onto the thighs and beans.

DSC_3882 (Large).JPG

I did this much of the cook midday to save time this evening. Placed the pan into the fridge until this evening.

DSC_3884 (Large).JPG

DSC_3886 (Large).JPG

Did a similar process with the very small twice baked red potatoes. They'd cooled sufficiently to scoop the flesh and mix with milk, plain yogurt, a garlic herb seasoning I put together, s&p and topped with some mozzarella. Put them in the fridge until later as well.

DSC_3890 (Large).JPG

Got them both on later in the evening.

DSC_3893 (Large).JPG

DSC_3896 (Large).JPG

About 30 minutes later everything was done.

DSC_3901 (Large).JPG

DSC_3904 (Large).JPG

Plated it up.

DSC_3906 (Large).JPG

Wow, This turned out to be a delicious meal. I was extremely happy with the outcome. The chicken was crispy and packed with flavor and those little red potatoes were delicious as well. Will be doing this one again. Take care everyone and "see" you all at the next cook. Thanks for looking.

So you keep forgetting to let me when dinner time is!
Looks fantastic! The color on the chicken WOOZA!

Really creative cooking as we always see from you Cliff. The idea of beans cooked in chicken fat is so over the top, love it.

You took simple elements (chicken, potatoes & green beans) and crafted it into an exquisite meal.

I like the two stage cook, Cliff, and I'm not surprised that this was to your liking! The thighs look fantastic, really great color/crisp on that skin side, and I'd love more details on those taters! :) I think I could get some of the crew here to devour those without too much trouble! ;)

Nice work, hope you stayed a little cool.....we were up at Bullard's Bar this weekend, 73F at 2a! ;)

R

I like the two stage cook, Cliff, and I'm not surprised that this was to your liking! The thighs look fantastic, really great color/crisp on that skin side, and I'd love more details on those taters! :) I think I could get some of the crew here to devour those without too much trouble! ;)

Nice work, hope you stayed a little cool.....we were up at Bullard's Bar this weekend, 73F at 2a! ;)

R
I was looking at renting a houseboat up at Bullards Bar, they look awesome! We ended up going the Tahoe route but maybe next year.
All you guys doing these fantastic cooks with your CI pans has got me seasoning one right now.
Ive had it for a couple years but now that I got the 26” I think it will be really handy.
Great cook Cliff!!

Thank you all for the very kind comments. I certainly appreciate them.

and I'd love more details on those taters! :)

This is the recipe I used for the potatoes Rich, sort of. Since we're avoiding non essential trips to the store, I winged it with what we had. The 10 oz. potatoes were more like 4 oz. each and we were out of Monterey Jack, so I winged it with the gigantic bag of mozzarella I bought for my last pizza cook. Also, I don't halve the potatoes but shave off the top and stuff the entire potato.

Edit. Crap, I hate it when I forget to include the link!

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/twice-baked-red-potatoes/

Back