Fundraiser for Steve Dixon: Weber Owner & Middletown Fire Victim

The mans gotta eet
image.php

Heck Jim, you've got enough pulled pork in the freezer for months. That and the garden.

Done, Barb and I are glad we could help a little. Thank you Chris for bringing this to your forum members attention.

Thanks for starting this. I saw this on the news too and noticed the Webers. This hits home because the fire department I work for has been busy fighting fires all summer including this one, and we see the devastating effects of these fires on families first hand. Happy to chip in.

Roger

Thanks for the bump James. Sorry, I am just now seeing this Chris. Life gets in the way of me seeing the happenings here sometimes. I hope we hit the goal soon.

Hi all,

Sorry for no update since 10/1. I'm on the road judging the Dana Point State BBQ Championship and access to the tools I need to do the update are limited.

As of right now, we are 58% of the way toward our goal of $1,000 for Steve Dixon.

I believe two individuals are considering mailing a donation to me, and those are not included in this total.

Thanks to all who have participated so far!

Best,
Chris

Untitled-1_zpst0ezg7pk.jpg

Donation made. It's good to see everyone generosity. I won the smoke seed from the summer sweepstake, so this is my pay it forward moment.

Chris

Just donated. Lets get it to 200%....22 more days folks.
Every little bit counts.

Let's show Chris he under estimated us...I'll donate again once we hit 1K.

Right behind you Jeff, just as soon as I get home.

I was late to this, but James Lake you are a Man of your words. Rock Star status in my book SIR.

Just shows the compassion Chris Allingham has for his fellow Weber BBQ enthusiast, Class act all the way.

Maybe we should all change our signature lines to this and blow it up?

As promised....second donation made.

PLEASE READ THIS:

I really appreciate Chris giving me/us the opportunity to help someone that has a common bond with the great members of this site. I knew that we would crush the goal and still are.

As you might recall Chris started the fund raiser with his own $50.00 and the promise to pay the 3.5% pay pal fee which for $1,000.00 would equal $35.00, now when we raise $2,000.00 that fee would be $70.00. I would like to propose to the member here that we don't hold Chris to paying the fee and that the fee would come off the top of our donations. I have no problem with 3.5% of my donation not reaching Steve, heck with some fund raisers only 60 to 80 percent of the donations reach the person.

Can I get a second from another member. Honestly it would be fair for Chris to put himself on the hook for $85.00 (initial donation + 3.5% fee) and have to pay more because the donation has raised more than $1,000.00.

Back