Friday night Spares $1.49 lb special

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
Our local grocery chain, Stators, has spare ribs on sale for $1.49 lb for Father's day weekend. Decided to get on early start on weekend grilling! Threw on some Memphis rub, first time trying it. I actually liked the flavor of the rub. Grilled the ribs directly, flipping them over and over every 5-10 minutes or so, then moved them to the cool zone. Ribs were great!!! Very meaty, moist with that great chew!!! One of my best Spare ribs to date! Hope you all have a great Father's day weekend!!!!

Dive in!!!!

Looks great, Michael!

How long were the ribs on? Tender? It's been quite a while since I've done ribs grilled direct like that, and I've always used baby backs for that preparation. Yours look great, would love some more details on how you feel they turned out using spares! Nice cook!

Rich

Looks great, Michael!

How long were the ribs on? Tender? It's been quite a while since I've done ribs grilled direct like that, and I've always used baby backs for that preparation. Yours look great, would love some more details on how you feel they turned out using spares! Nice cook!

Rich

These ribs were fantastic!!! I normally smoke em on my wsm, but wanted to try direct grilling. Flipping them over and over, to keep them burning, was just awesome. Very tender and juicy, these were very meaty, and love that smoke ring, just from using charcoal! I was amazed how simple and how good these ribs were! I cooked them direct for about an hr, then I moved them to the cool zone, which was still a bit hot, and flipped them every now and then. I think total time on grill was about 1hr 20 minutes, including about 20 minutes in the cool zone. I think this is my new way of doing spare ribs :). Thank you everybody for your nice comments!

You did a nice job with those ribs Michael, and what a great price, have not seen $1.49LB in a long time.

Back