Fresh Halibut

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Went Halibut fishing yesterday, met Brett, good guy. We went out on the Here We Go, out of Emeryville CA, the Captain is Matt Archer, excellent guide, I learned lots about drift fishing, which is something new to me.

Matt, filet my two Halibuts, and I had a 1 gallon zip lock baggie filled to the top. I was wiped out, so I cooked a couple pieces on the SmokeFire, skin on, and down. It was very good, but I decided I needed to skin the rest of the Halibut, and I did, and fired in in Cast Iron tonight (Sunday) and it's much better skinned (imho)

Slide Show, slide right

Sizzle just in case they don't sizzle in the imbedded

Great fishing trip,early rise,fresh air great company.
And Chuck nice smooth wrist action basting those filets in the CI pan, they look so tasty.

Who's who?
The guy holding the Shark is the Captain Matt Archer. The guy behind him who caught it, I don't remember his name, he's a friend of Brett. The kid in the pictures on his phone was my partner, we had the Starboard side of the boat, he is the son of the guy who caught the shark. The kid's name is also difficult to remember, but he told me just to call him Eata (E Ta) Eata ending up catching the largest fish, and twice it ran away from the boat when he brought it to the boat. Eata was da man!

Darn, I was hoping they were you and Brett:oops:
Here I am with the bride at age 50 (sadly 14 years ago) my more recent photo (age 60) has a broken link, I don't know why. I blame it on old age

Looks tasty! My cousin has been reporting that the Halibut fishing off of Oregon has been great this season so far. They have been catching limits for passengers and crew. The fish have also been larger this year with most being 40-50 pounds.

I need to get over there but probably wont get over before the season closes.

The guy holding the Shark is the Captain Matt Archer. The guy behind him who caught it, I don't remember his name, he's a friend of Brett. The kid in the pictures on his phone was my partner, we had the Starboard side of the boat, he is the son of the guy who caught the shark. The kid's name is also difficult to remember, but he told me just to call him Eata (E Ta) Eata ending up catching the largest fish, and twice it ran away from the boat when he brought it to the boat. Eata was da man!
My buddy Zeev and is son Eta. Eta caught a fat striped bass. I'll have to find out how it was.

Looks tasty! My cousin has been reporting that the Halibut fishing off of Oregon has been great this season so far. They have been catching limits for passengers and crew. The fish have also been larger this year with most being 40-50 pounds.

I need to get over there but probably wont get over before the season closes.
that's Alaskan sized halis. dayum!!!!

Back