Fresh Halibut

Never had the opportunity when I was in Seattle, wish I had!
I‘ve never done a Lake Michigan or any “big water fishing” for that matter. Need to remedy that.
it's one of the best ways to spend a fun day. i'd recco this to anyone who enjoys the hunt and then cook of their hunt.

note, i'm still hunting.

going to plan a Cabo large fish trip next. March 2024 is my target. Dorado, tuna marlin and snapper.

going to plan a Cabo large fish trip next. March 2024 is my target. Dorado, tuna marlin and snapper.
Don't ignore La Paz. It is my favorite Mexico fishing location. I'll be honest, Marlin fishing from La Paz is no better than from Cabo and to be fully honest, Marlin fishing from both isn't all that (imho) Personally, I think you have to plan on spending at least two days out on the water (spending the night on the boat) to ensure catching a Marlin. Yeah, you can catch them on a day trip, but the odds are stacked against you (again, imho) I like La Paz for it's variety of catchable fish, in the case of Dorado, right from the shore although trolling is more fun. You can expect to catch:

Dorado (aka Mahi Mahi) my personal favorite
Tuna (yellowfin) an exciting fish to catch
Yellowtail Amberjack (easy to hook, hard to land)
Roosterfish (catch & release only)

I quit going to Cabo when it became a party-town (thanks Sammy Hagar) so I tack on the addition two hours drive from the airport and go to La Paz. That's the only downside, the addition drive. You'll save money fishing out of La Paz too

Don't ignore La Paz. It is my favorite Mexico fishing location. I'll be honest, Marlin fishing from La Paz is no better than from Cabo and to be fully honest, Marlin fishing from both isn't all that (imho) Personally, I think you have to plan on spending at least two days out on the water (spending the night on the boat) to ensure catching a Marlin. Yeah, you can catch them on a day trip, but the odds are stacked against you (again, imho) I like La Paz for it's variety of catchable fish, in the case of Dorado, right from the shore although trolling is more fun. You can expect to catch:

Dorado (aka Mahi Mahi) my personal favorite
Tuna (yellowfin) an exciting fish to catch
Yellowtail Amberjack (easy to hook, hard to land)
Roosterfish (catch & release only)

I quit going to Cabo when it became a party-town (thanks Sammy Hagar) so I tack on the addition two hours drive from the airport and go to La Paz. That's the only downside, the addition drive. You'll save money fishing out of La Paz too
I will have to check this out. Excellent data. Thank you!

Back