Free Red Head $0.00: Weber Genesis 1100 good working condition, ready to use (almost)

Never was happy with the Weber ones
Some of them are definitely not quality from weber. I've had multiple Weber s330s with very pitted stainless bars after not many years. On the other hand I have had Summit grills with quite a few years on them that cleaned up flawlessly. I would say they use different quality stainless on the summit grills. Or at least some of them.

Someone mentioned earlier how the cast iron grates have gotten lighter and thinner over the generations from Weber. My old Genesis 2000 came with a really nice set of cast iron grates and they are quite a bit thicker and heavier than any I've encountered on newer Weber's. Here's a picture of them compared to 9930s20240807_184814~2.jpg

Without trying to sound melodramatic, this is a really cool thread! What's not to like, golf, grills, the members coming together to help one another & probably the coolest, but yet still unknown, how many different groups is @Rich G really in!
Just two......Steak Club and golf. :)

Without trying to sound melodramatic, this is a really cool thread! What's not to like, golf, grills, the members coming together to help one another & probably the coolest, but yet still unknown, how many different groups is @Rich G really in!
A grill staying in the “family” is always a good story. A classic Redhead staying in the family is epic!

A grill staying in the “family” is always a good story. A classic Redhead staying in the family is epic!
It is what happened to my original "red head". SIL and daughter have it. Though the firebox as seen better days. They do have the firebox off the 2000 (3000) I scrapped here. We just haven't gotten together to pull the old box out and install the new into the old frame.

Thanks Josh, that 7mm looks like it would work just fine.
Thanks again for all the links.
I’m going to make sure I actually get this bad boy home and then order up a few things.
I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see your progress!!

Yeah, I'll tell ya Josh. I got no use for anything called a "Genesis" made 2011 or beyond. They just not the same or in my eyes a true "Genesis"
I still like my Genesis ii 240 LX and 340LX but in a different way than I like my Genesis 2000 and 1000s. I would have to agree though they are not the same. So far from Weber the only grills I've wanted to hang on to are Genesis X000 and Genesis ii LX. But that's just my personal preference

@LMichaels Original Weber Genesis S330 SS grates cleaned up but look close and you can see very pitted. View attachment 97718
It seems like I get a lot of SS solid rod grates on E3xx grills compared to the older Silver B's and 1000s. And I find the same thing with the E3xx grates. The SS seems to get pitted even though they clean up pretty well and it doesn't look too bad after that. I don't think I have ever checked a set for magnetism. But I just always assumed they were a cheaper grade of SS.

It seems like I get a lot of SS solid rod grates on E3xx grills compared to the older Silver B's and 1000s. And I find the same thing with the E3xx grates. The SS seems to get pitted even though they clean up pretty well and it doesn't look too bad after that. I don't think I have ever checked a set for magnetism. But I just always assumed they were a cheaper grade of SS.
I've had good luck with heavily used Genesis ii SS bars so maybe they learned and used higher quality. Or maybe they're just not old enough yet. I do believe the Genesis II SS seems to be higher grade than previous

Back