Free Red Head $0.00: Weber Genesis 1100 good working condition, ready to use (almost)

Personally 7mm is too thin and too spaced out. There are better choices for not much more $$$
Actually the QuliMetal 7mm are not too bad spacewise between bars

I can do some measurements and comparisons when I get home.

QuliMetal doesn't skimp on the number of bars like other brands which is why their grates are generally heavier

Last edited:
I would be curious what grates other people like? For me it's RCP or 9930 first choice. Second choice QuliMetal 9mm. Third choice QuliMetal 7mm

What size do I need? I’ll check out both 9mm and the 7mm.
QuliMetal 304 Stainless Steel 7639 Cooking Grates for Weber Spirit 300 and GS4 Spirit II 300 Series, Spirit 700, Genesis Silver B & C, Genesis Gold B & C, Genesis Platinum B & C, Genesis 1000-3500 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DVM8KFK?tag=tvwb-20

QuliMetal SUS304 9MM Cooking Grates for Weber Spirit 300 and GS4 Spirit II 300 Series, Spirit 700, Genesis Silver/Gold/Platinum B & C, Genesis 1000-3500, Replacement Parts for Weber 7638 7639 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NMBFB5C?tag=tvwb-20

QuliMetal 304 Stainless Steel 7639 Cooking Grates for Weber Spirit 300 and GS4 Spirit II 300 Series, Spirit 700, Genesis Silver B & C, Genesis Gold B & C, Genesis Platinum B & C, Genesis 1000-3500 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DVM8KFK?tag=tvwb-20

QuliMetal SUS304 9MM Cooking Grates for Weber Spirit 300 and GS4 Spirit II 300 Series, Spirit 700, Genesis Silver/Gold/Platinum B & C, Genesis 1000-3500, Replacement Parts for Weber 7638 7639 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NMBFB5C?tag=tvwb-20
Thanks Josh!!

For a serious keeper grill 9mm is best especially if you can get them spaced well. I forgot who either Bruce or Jon T posted some REALLY nice 9mm ones good tight spacing for REALLY cheap pricing

I agree for keeper grills 9mm or 3/8" 304 SS. QuliMetal are 100% non magnetic. At least the ones I have received and I like that they don't skimp on the bars and I feel like I can trust the quality of the SS and workmanship based on my experience with them. I use QuliMetal 7mm on my flip or donate grills even though they are not the cheapest. I trust the quality. I mostly rehab grills for friends or family and quality is still important.

I'd be curious to know of other grates that compare to QuliMetal? I haven't found any that I trust but I would be open to consider something else. I'm kinda picky but happy to find new options.

Well I get Weber brand because the regulator is important to be proper. Some propane regulator hoses are made for other propane appliances and things and may not regulate fuel properly. I know that some other people have aftermarket brands that they have tried and trust though.

Bruno first I would get the grill and take a look at what you need as far as fitting on your manifold. I have had different types from the same series of Grill.

Anybody know what propane hose I will need? 😃
Well I get Weber brand because the regulator is important to be proper. Some propane regulator hoses are made for other propane appliances and things and may not regulate fuel properly. I know that some other people have aftermarket brands that they have tried and trust though.

Bruno first I would get the grill and take a look at what you need as far as fitting on your manifold. I have had different types from the same series of Grill.

Oh yeah I’m definitely doing that.
I want Weber, I was just wondering if there was a model number I could look at.
Thanks for all the help.

Without trying to sound melodramatic, this is a really cool thread! What's not to like, golf, grills, the members coming together to help one another & probably the coolest, but yet still unknown, how many different groups is @Rich G really in!
It’s what makes this place so great!
Big thanks to Dan the man too. I had reached out to him a few weeks ago to keep an eye out for me, and boom.

Something that I find interesting. Others may or may not. I just did a comparison between seven different types of grates. The coolest thing that I found is that the QuliMetal 9mm 304 SS which are excellent grates with tight spacing between the bars weighing in at 17 lbs with about 3/8 of an inch between bars. Anyways when comparing these to the 7 mm QuliMetal version obviously the bars are thinner on the 7 mm but the gap between bars is exactly the same just adding more bars to keep the spacing the same. A lot of 7 mm aftermarket bars don't add more bars and have big gaps between bars.

20240807_183126~2.jpg

Something that I find interesting. Others may or may not. I just did a comparison between seven different types of grates. The coolest thing that I found is that the QuliMetal 9mm 304 SS which are excellent grates with tight spacing between the bars weighing in at 17 lbs with about 3/8 of an inch between bars. Anyways when comparing these to the 7 mm QuliMetal version obviously the bars are thinner on the 7 mm but the gap between bars is exactly the same just adding more bars to keep the spacing the same. A lot of 7 mm aftermarket bars don't add more bars and have big gaps between bars.

View attachment 97676
Great shot! My pipe fitter brain says that can’t be true all the way through though.

Back