Free Red Head $0.00: Weber Genesis 1100 good working condition, ready to use (almost)

Hahaha remember I’m mostly just cooking on this. More daily driver than show car.
It will be interesting to see if I get the bug to take it up a notch beyond very usable.
That's perfect!
Built with quality parts that will last to be used for its intended purpose.

I've always loved grilling but never likes the idea that an expensive Grill would need replacement parts after 5 years and sometimes disintegrate after 10. So to be able to start with an old Genesis platform that has proven to stand the test of time. Add in thick high quality 304 SS flavor bars and grill grates. Problem solved in my opinion. With very little maintenance, time, money and effort that grill should last as long as you want it to. I think that's really cool!

IMG_7759.jpegThanks Oak, it was nice meeting you and Rich.

I have to be honest the wife was a little confused about this one.
Once I get it cleaned up and running she’ll see.

I’m going to use the slats Rich gave me to get a side shelf going ASAP.

What’s the steel hook on the side shelf for? It came off in transport.

Thanks.

IMG_7760.jpegI pulled these Weber stainless GBS grates off my SmokeFire. The hose is ordered.

Last edited:
That piece is to support the manifold. the round part goes under the manifold and the crimped end latches onto the frame cross member.

As far as the random piece goes, "What Bruce said!"

BTW, everyone should know that the grill Bruno just picked up has the best looking drip pan tray I've seen on any "vintage" Genesis! If I had known that, I would have swapped it out for one of my rusty ones before he showed up!!!

@Bruno great to meet you, too! Looks like you're going to have a perfect weeknight grill setup! Normally I would tell you to get 'er dirty, but she came that way! :)

R

IMG_7771.jpegPut some slats in for the side table.
Had an extra propane tank at the house, it was still full!!
Hose comes tomorrow, I’m feeling Monday dinner??

The wood slats and z-bars are such a simple smart design.

she cooks well, no immediate upgrades required... (you area. charcoal guy... learn about side controls/burners vs front control /burners... they are different from coal and different from each other....

great meeting y'a Bruno, Rich thx for adding to the festivities..

send weekday chicken pictures...

glad it can stay in the community...

Chris.... thx for all you do.

(Go 9ers!!!!, who cares about pre-seaon ")

Last edited:

Back