Forum Moves To New Software Starting Wednesday 2/12/20

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
The Virtual Weber Bulletin Board will transition to new software beginning Wednesday, 2/12/20. The forum will close on Wednesday so we can move the database to the new server, import the data, and complete the configuration of software.

We have successfully completed a test run and a few forum members have played around with the new software. Things look promising, and I hope the forum will be back online beginning on Friday.

The new software called Xenforo will provide many features that forum members have been asking for, including photo hosting, document attachments, and the ability to "like" posts without having to reply to them.

Here's what you can expect:

• On Wednesday, the forum will close. For some period of time, when you visit tvwbb.com you'll see this "We're Moving" message.
  • On Friday, once the move is complete, I will redirect tvwbb.com to the new server. Over the next day or so, as the DNS information propagates across the internet, when you visit tvwbb.com you may continue to get the "We're Moving" message or you may see the new site. In fact, it may go back and forth for you depending on when you visit, which can be confusing and frustrating.
  • When the new site comes up, you can log in using your existing username and password. If you can't remember your password or your login doesn't work, use the "forgot password" process or click "Contact Us" on the new site and I will help you.
There will undoubtedly be glitches and questions as we make this transition. Thank you in advance for your patience. If you have any questions or concerns, post them in the Xenforo Help/Forum Issues forum at the top of the new forum. If you have experience using other Xenforo forums and can help answer member questions, please do so!

I will post important status updates to https://www.facebook.com/tvwbb/ and https://www.facebook.com/virtualweberbullet/ during the transition.

Thanks everyone,
Chris

Chris,
Thanks you for letting me get an early bite on the upgrade, I like the update a LOT! You will see a few more pictures from me to be sure.
The hardest part for me will be the changeover time! I’d better get some smoking products out of the freezer and a case of beer to get me through the downtime! I guess I will be spending more time at Mandolin Café for a couple of days again!
Thank you again!

Thanks for the heads up Chris. Since I'm not a "social media" type guy I'll just hang back and wish you the best of luck and hope it all goes smoothly and wait patiently until I can get back on board!

Thanks for all of your hard work, Chris. We all really appreciate it!

Might I suggest that you do the transition Thursday to Saturday rather than Wednesday to Friday? I know many of our spouses and significant others would love you if TVWBB was down for all of Valentines Day. ;)

J: good point. Chris: Thanks for the effort and I hope all goes well for you during this period as well. I can't wait to see you all on the "other side".

Good Luck! Can't wait to see all the new (and keep the old!) features!

There's so much here I'd hate to lose.

Just wondering. On posts currently with photos posted inline through say Imagur will the photos make the transition? The Toyota forum I belong to did a change like this and all the previous "how to" photos were lost

Thanks to all that have sent me a few beers (or even a six-pack or two!) on PayPal. You know who you are...I appreciate it!

Best,
Chris

Would like to help but I don't see how to do that. I don't see a "PayPal" button or link anywhere. Otherwise I would throw a few "shillings" your way for a tasty beverage or two :D

Back