Flat out tasty !!!!!!!!!!!!

DubfromGA

TVWBB Fan
Limping around the grocery store yesterday like I was running on flat tires. Wore out from night shifts and not much sleep throughout the weekend.

Couldn't figure out what I was going to cook for our dinner.

Hit the meat section first...and schemed it up from there.

"Beef....it's what's for dinner"....rang true in my head when I saw the flat iron steaks with insanely low sales price.

Grabbed one and then bought a kale salad kit.

As it turns out....they went out for Chinese food and let me lounge around in the recliner and watch some pre-season NFL action and nurse a cold one.

That lonely flat iron steak had been soaking in Paymaster's Steak Marinade* all day.....and it yelled at me when I opened the fridge for a reload...."Cook me now".

So....a pair of reloads were grabbed along with that hollering flat iron steak and I headed outdoors and fired up the tunes and a grill.

Used Kingsford & some sweet smelling mesquite chunks. I absolutely love mesquite on steaks.

A couple slices of this steak went perfect with the sippin' suds. Slept like a king. :)

Reheated some for my breakfast this morning. Mighty tasty. Eggs with parmesan, pepper & smoked salt.

Kale salad kit with some extra parmesan, mozzarella & feta for wife's workday lunch.

Paymaster's Steak Rub = been doing my steaks his way for the last few years. I let them soak all day, overnight or ten minutes....however much time I have available.

Per steak recipe (double as needed):
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tbsp soy or teriyaki sauce
* 2 tsp McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
* 1 tsp freshly ground expresso powder

I usually add some minced garlic, basil or Italian seasoning to it, too.

Delicious looking food there. I am getting hungry now and am happy that my lunch will be soon enough here.

Delicious looking food there. I am getting hungry now and am happy that my lunch will be soon enough here.

Thanks....stuffed from breakfast and already looking forward to lunch, here, too.

Will be using that same grill, Vortex and chimney....don't even have to move 'em....just reload and go again.

Wings & hotdogs. Gonna make a batch of proper hotdog chili.

It'll be thirsty work, too. Got some brews on ice to take care of thirst needs, lol.

That's some great looking steak!! Perfectly cooked!

Thanks.

That Vortex makes for easy steak cooks.

That's the way a steak should be cooked. Tried that Man Cave chili pretty, good but I'll cut back on the sugar next time a little to sweet for me. but other than that really good.
Here's one I really like

CHILI DOG CHILI
LOW SODIUM
INGREDIENTS

• 2 cups water
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1 (15 ounce) can No Salt tomato sauce
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt (I used Morton’s Lite Salt 50% less sodium)
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 bay leaf

DIRECTIONS
1. Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add beef and boil for 30 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain beef.
2. Add remaining ingredients to beef and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Serve over hot dogs with yellow mustard and onions or cheese
4. Enjoy

Can anyone educate me why this one was moved to the pic gallery ??????????

It was a high temp cook and figured it was a "grilling" post ?????

New guy trying to figure stuff out here.

Can anyone educate me why this one was moved to the pic gallery ??????????

It was a high temp cook and figured it was a "grilling" post ?????

New guy trying to figure stuff out here.

Probably because the grilling forum is for technique, questions & stuff like that regarding grilling, I suppose.

But more importantly.... that steak is spot on! Good job & what a wonderful breakfast.

Probably because the grilling forum is for technique, questions & stuff like that regarding grilling, I suppose.

But more importantly.... that steak is spot on! Good job & what a wonderful breakfast.

Thanks.

So....the forum is for discussion of grilling.....but actual grilling goes in a separate forum ?

This is how my dad cooked them, brings back long gone memories. Man I miss my dad. You cook is killer, congrats

pECtqGi.jpg

So....the forum is for discussion of grilling.....but actual grilling goes in a separate forum ?
Hey Dub,

Many years ago, we had complaints from members that they would post a barbecuing question in the Barbecuing Forum or a grilling question in the Grilling Forum and they would never get answered because they got lost among all the photos people were posting of their barbecuing and grilling successes!

So we started a Photo Gallery Forum where people can brag about their cooks and share their photos, and "serious" discussion on technique, Q&A, etc. would take place in the Barbecuing Forum and the Grilling Forum.

And if you have a really good recipe to share, make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the forum homepage and post it in one of the Recipe Forums. I've done that with your Paymaster Rub.

Hey Dub,
So we started a Photo Gallery Forum where people can brag about their cooks and share their photos, and "serious" discussion on technique, Q&A, etc. would take place in the Barbecuing Forum and the Grilling Forum.
To add to that, when the Photo Gallery was started most of us gave details about the cook.
That, for a large part, has changed and I don't always give the details anymore.
It's kind of like Playboy for Weber lovers. :p

Hey Dub,

Many years ago, we had complaints from members that they would post a barbecuing question in the Barbecuing Forum or a grilling question in the Grilling Forum and they would never get answered because they got lost among all the photos people were posting of their barbecuing and grilling successes!

And if you have a really good recipe to share, make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the forum homepage and post it in one of the Recipe Forums. I've done that with your Paymaster Rub.

Understood.

Thank you.

Back