First smoke on the WSM

Bill - Bigbill

TVWBB Pro
Just started my inaugural smoke on the new 18.5 WSM. Doing my ribs for the throwdown.
Beautiful day here, but a tad windy and I am having trouble keeping temps in 225 - 250.
Right now I have 2 lower vents at 0 and the non windy side at about 20%. Seems to be slowly dropping.

Stay tuned!!:wsm:

Don't forget action shots...:)

The action shots will get posted in the throwdown,
but here's a tease!:)

a_zps8add8999.jpg

So I needed bacon grease for the C I Skillet to do my cornbread,
but now what do I do with this:
c_zps0d649ef7.jpg

I know - 2 slices rye toast - raid neighbors garden (glad I added the gate to the new fence:))
d_zps59bb34da.jpg

After all, dinners not for another 4 or 5 hours!

Mmmmm that sammich looks delicious.

My garden wrapped up about two weeks ago. I really, really miss the fresh maters and the BLTs! But, on the bright side, I have enough gravy (spaghetti sauce) to last the entire winter. :)

Yea, got my throwdown:wsm: going tooooooo. But having two,:mad: not one,:confused: non-cook plumbing problems out of the blue. I need a drink :rolleyes:as plumbing issues solved,;) but cook still in swing............now drinking:cool:;).......................d

Bill-Bigbill;
On another note, where did you get the "tread plate" that the WSM is sitting on? That looks pretty dern neat (and VERY practical, too)...

Dale53

Hey bro something that has come in majorly handy for me is an old military wool blanket. If you fold it right the top vent is not covered and it hangs down enough to not block the bottom vents as well. Keeps the heat in way better if there is wind or cold out. Im sure you can use any old blanket you have but i had this laying around. Also you can use a bungee cord to hold it on or i keep mine up against my BBQ island outside.

Bill-Bigbill;
On another note, where did you get the "tread plate" that the WSM is sitting on? That looks pretty dern neat (and VERY practical, too)...

Dale53
Got the diamond plate panels at Home Depot. They were about $28.00, for the outdoor rated ones.
Hopefully they will stand up.

Back