First Smoke Day - New Performer Cook

I love me some stuffed mushrooms and jalapeños, and yours look very good, indeed. Glad the new grill setup is working for you!

Cheers!

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I picked up an old, neglected kettle for $10 about six months ago and after a bunch of cleaning (Thanks to this site for all the tips), I’ve used it numerous times and thoroughly enjoyed it. The performer is a whole new world from the bent and rusted kettle I bought and I’m looking forward to many great cooks if it will ever stop raining in South Florida. I think I am officially hooked. Thanks again and thanks for this great forum!

Here’s a pic of the kettle that got me started.

B4572234-9984-4A5D-A1D2-EDFA484D6E67.jpeg13BE08B9-FE80-470D-AB30-D8DAE12E474D.jpeg

Nice Performer! I started with a very old 3-wheeler (18.5") from my sister but gave it back to her when I picked up a used Performer my neighbor no longer wanted. The work table is awesome!

It is! I think I may hand the old one over to my folks to enjoy. New KillaGrillas arrived for the performer and the WSM yesterday. Think I am going to try Chris’ Hot & Fast chicken with some quarters on the WSM and Bryan’s Roadside Chicken on the performer with some thighs and drums next. Looking forward to cooking this weekend!

Back