First cook on the new(to me) Performer

Chris-SF

Finally pulled the trigger on a used Performer on marketplace. 2010 in Brick Red, with the Weber rotisserie, cover, and a galvanized trash can full of 30lbs of mesquite lump for $100. I spent 4 hours cleaning and scraping the inside of the kettle, but it's ready for a full summer of cooking now. Tried my first attempt at rotisserie chicken yesterday, covered in Meat Church Holy Voodoo rub. I was pretty impressed with the results.

IMG_9509.jpg

IMG_9520.jpg

Great find, great deal, great clean up job. I love a roti chicken or two or three! Did the SnS come with the performer or did you already have it for your other kettle? I am a big believer of the SnS for roti cook vs. the weber charcoal baskets with one on each side.

Finally pulled the trigger on a used Performer on marketplace. 2010 in Brick Red, with the Weber rotisserie, cover, and a galvanized trash can full of 30lbs of mesquite lump for $100. I spent 4 hours cleaning and scraping the inside of the kettle, but it's ready for a full summer of cooking now. Tried my first attempt at rotisserie chicken yesterday, covered in Meat Church Holy Voodoo rub. I was pretty impressed with the results.

View attachment 51306

View attachment 51307
Enjoy your new toy Chris!

Great find, great deal, great clean up job. I love a roti chicken or two or three! Did the SnS come with the performer or did you already have it for your other kettle? I am a big believer of the SnS for roti cook vs. the weber charcoal baskets with one on each side.
I had the SNS from my old kettle, it worked nicely with the rotisserie.

Outstanding purchase on this grill , rotisserie combo ,and the chicken looks good too.
Heck I have 2 performers and I would have jumped on this deal also.

Back