AMumma

TVWBB Member
The lighting of the coals:

IMG_1370_zpsw27hbmel.jpg

Pre-Rubbed Butt:

IMG_1372_zpsoq1klrwm.jpg

Butt after Trim and Rub:

IMG_1373_zpsw0fxpkhu.jpg

I know I'm not supposed to open it, but my mother wanted to see it. This is about 3.5 hours in:

IMG_1382_zpswudl8j8c.jpg

Had to move the smoker under an awning because it started raining. We just hit 165 internal:

IMG_1385_zpseg4p75xn.jpg

Pork after it came off, before being foiled and put in the cooler:

IMG_1393_zpsshzqifxb.jpg

Sauce of choice:

IMG_1376_zpsjerrebop.jpg

Let the shredding begin!:

IMG_1401_zpsuva1y9wp.jpg

Pretty much all shredded:

IMG_1395_zpspa2kwnle.jpg

Dinner is served:

IMG_1396_zpskm5tm3sm.jpg

Thanks folks! It was really delicious. Just so tender and juicy. It was actually really nice to have something like that to focus on all day, too. Made for an incredibly relaxing day. We went for a walk at one point and we could smell it four houses down.

Nailed it! Looks great-nice bark, very moist, and it looked like that bone was ready to jump right out of there! Thanks for posting, David.

Thanks everyone! It was incredible. I've been eating all-pork-everything with the leftovers this week. Had a sandwich on Sunday, some loose strands on Monday, pulled pork nachos today, and tomorrow I'll kill it with one last sandwich. Can't wait to smoke again soon, next up: ribs!

Looks terrible. you shouldn't eat any more of it. Please freeze and send whatever is still left to me with dry ice immediately so that I can help dispose of the rest. Just a courtesy of mine. you are welcome in advance.

That pulled pork looks delicious! I just bought my "first" WSM (14.5), I'm going to buy an 18 or 22 down the road a bit. You said it took about 9 hours to cook. How big was it and How much fuel did you have to Use? Did you have to add briquettes during the cook?

Can't think of any more superlatives that have not already been said. You nailed it and did set a pretty high bar for future cooks. We are expecting great things from you in the future. Congrats on a great cook.

Back