First brisket burgers

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
I'd always wanted to try brisket for burgers but it was usually too expensive, so when some recently came on sale I decided to take the plunge. I'd had a package of Burgers' Smokehouse seasoning bacon in the freezer for a long time and it seemed like a good time to use it.

BurgersBrisketBacon20170602_1.jpg

Cubed beef, chopped bacon, and a little salt and pepper.

BurgersBrisketBacon20170602_2.jpg

I didn't use all the bacon so I fried the rest. It's called "seasoning bacon" because that's what it's designed for, and it was almost too salty to eat by itself.

BurgersBrisketBacon20170602_3.jpg

The next day I ground the beef and bacon, and formed the patties.

BurgersBrisketBacon20170602_4.jpg

BurgersBrisketBacon20170602_5.jpg

These were supposed to be a lot thinner than they actually turned out, but the flavor was still good and they stayed moist despite being cooked through. That's Henning's Colby Jack and it's a really good cheese for everything from burgers to tacos to just eating.

BurgersBrisketBacon20170602_6.jpg

BurgersBrisketBacon20170602_7.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! I love me a brisket burger.....even more so if you hide some bacon in it! :)

Hope you enjoyed!

R

I've made brisket burger in the past but never thought to add a little bacon. Great looking burgers. Will give that a go one of these days.

Look absolutely delicious! The Lagunitas brew pub in Chicago does a burger that is brisket, short rib, and sirloin. Probably the best burger I've eve had!

Great idea, I've done brisket with chuck roast and it was great, but adding bacon I'm sure would take it to another level.

Thanks for the kind words!

Hmmm...just had a thought. I wonder how a burger would taste if it was basted with melted bacon fat during grilling?

Back