I finally got around to attempt making my own bacon, using the recipe from Steven Raichlen's Project Smoke. I started off with just a small slab of pork belly, not wanting to put a big piece at risk on my first try. After curing for 5 days, the pork belly was rinsed off, then allowed to dry uncovered in the fridge overnight. After smoking the bacon with pecan wood until an internal temperature of 150°F, I allowed it to cool, fried a few test slices, then sliced up the rest of the pork belly. It was a bit on the salty side, but overall not bad for my first attempt, as it still tasted better than conventional store-bought bacon. Thanks for stopping by!