First Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet is a GO

The T-Shirt is Gildan brand and it was made in Nicaragua. But, I believe they are printed in the USA.

Well sorry all. Attendance appears to be a no go for me. Between it being Father's Day weekend and my nephew/God Son college graduation I am tied up

@LMichaels , enjoy father's day and the graduation! Sad that I don't get to meet you in person, but if this becomes an annual tradition, maybe next year.

I get to come as my wife said it's my father's day wish. :D

@LMichaels , enjoy father's day and the graduation! Sad that I don't get to meet you in person, but if this becomes an annual tradition, maybe next year.

I get to come as my wife said it's my father's day wish. :D
Yeah in my case it wasn't FD that was the deciding factor. But being a goomba and he's my goombadiehl it's important to me and it was decided behind my back by others in la famiglia that the 19th was the day, so it was outta my hands but I can't not be there for him. Epecially considering how little time has passed since he lost hid mom (my sister)
Hopefully a good time will be had by all that the meet

Yeah in my case it wasn't FD that was the deciding factor. But being a goomba and he's my goombadiehl it's important to me and it was decided behind my back by others in la famiglia that the 19th was the day, so it was outta my hands but I can't not be there for him. Epecially considering how little time has passed since he lost hid mom (my sister)
Hopefully a good time will be had by all that the meet
Larry,

We are going to miss having you there. I hope you will store up a presentation about NG/LP and vice versa conversions for next year's meet.

Jon

Happy to. If anyone is still around on the 20th and want to say hi let me know. I will be around since the family will have all seen each other on the 19th LOL not gonna do another for the 20th :D

OK Guys/Gals:
Jon and I are working on getting together a Grill Parts Dyeing demo for the meet. I fabbed up a SS pan for the demo that will accomodate even the lids handles from a Silver B/Genesis 1000. We could do quite a few at once and also a bunch of knobs and igniter switches. So, if you want to change over some bland cream colored knobs and other plastic parts to black, bring them along and we will keep it going all day long for everyone to make use of. I suggest you clean up all the parts you plan to dye pretty well. They don't have to be like new, but stuff like grease will hamper the dying process and potentially give some uneven results. I use bleach to clean mine up.

Here is the pan I fabbed up. It is full of water as I was testing it for leaks and I also dropped in a couple Silver B lid handles for reference. I don't need any comments on the welding job. I know it is horrible looking. I am a novice and SS is already tough to weld but when you forget to turn on the shielding gas before welding, it makes it ten times harder. I made it ten time harder. But the pan doesn't leak an is the perfect size for our purposes.

20210517_140413.jpg

This is a grill I rehabbed last summer and dyed the handle and knobs. I don't have a before photo, but rest assured, the knobs were the off white color with plenty of grease and grime like the handles in the photo above before I cleaned them up and dyed them black. Have you ever seen a black Silver B handle before?

20200717 Genesis Silver C - Brown Head with cabinet (4).JPG

OK Guys/Gals:
Jon and I are working on getting together a Grill Parts Dyeing demo for the meet. I fabbed up a SS pan for the demo that will accomodate even the lids handles from a Silver B/Genesis 1000. We could do quite a few at once and also a bunch of knobs and igniter switches. So, if you want to change over some bland cream colored knobs and other plastic parts to black, bring them along and we will keep it going all day long for everyone to make use of. I suggest you clean up all the parts you plan to dye pretty well. They don't have to be like new, but stuff like grease will hamper the dying process and potentially give some uneven results. I use bleach to clean mine up.

Here is the pan I fabbed up. It is full of water as I was testing it for leaks and I also dropped in a couple Silver B lid handles for reference. I don't need any comments on the welding job. I know it is horrible looking. I am a novice and SS is already tough to weld but when you forget to turn on the shielding gas before welding, it makes it ten times harder. I made it ten time harder. But the pan doesn't leak an is the perfect size for our purposes.

View attachment 28314

This is a grill I rehabbed last summer and dyed the handle and knobs. I don't have a before photo, but rest assured, the knobs were the off white color with plenty of grease and grime like the handles in the photo above before I cleaned them up and dyed them black. Have you ever seen a black Silver B handle before?

View attachment 28315

Those handles look amazing Bruce.
Certainly will hold up better than my spray painted knobs :whistle:

Kyle, yes, the spray painted knobs and handles look nice, but a bump or nick will scratch the paint off fairly easily. The dyed sinks into the plastic and dyes it pretty deep. It would take a pretty rough gouge to reveal the gray underneath. You can scrub and clean the dyed parts as well without fear of rubbing it off.

Back