First Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet is a GO

I am sure we will have plenty of photos. It will be great to have Mike on board to do some professional style photo work. I am looking forward to it and it is fast approaching.

Still time for others to get involved if they so wish.

I think we are going to have a great time and learn a bunch for planning the next - and even bigger and better - 2nd Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet! I am looking forward to meeting everyone in person. :coolkettle:

Wish Barb and I could be there but distance and toe surgery keeps me at home. Take lots of pictures and post them so those who could not make the trip can see all the fun you had, plus the good eats..
For you guys who cannot be there, we will do our best to have lots of pictures and video to share so you can still feel a part of the fun. The food we cook, however, is for US:coolkettle:!

For you guys who cannot be there, we will do our best to have lots of pictures and video to share so you can still feel a part of the fun. The food we cook, however, is for US:coolkettle:!
Well, fine then! I’ll be sure to do some fun cooking and project my dinner(granddaughters birthday dinner) of her request for “I like your Shrimps, and wings the little mozzarella ball and grape tomato (Caprese) salad with some gougere!” I was never so pleased to get a full menu request from her in my life. I’ll share pix of that too!
Have a great time guys!

I think we are going to have a great time and learn a bunch for planning the next - and even bigger and better - 2nd Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet! I am looking forward to meeting everyone in person. :coolkettle:
When we get the JT Weber Restoration Center going we can all meet at the Weber Associate Restoration Recreation Outdoor Operation Meet. Conveniently located at the crossroads of America.

Eleven batches!? Good grief Tony what are you concocting?
I am considering trying to do the gougere in the Genny, I have held 425 pretty solidly in it before but, it’s her birthday! She gets grandpa to turn on the oven and slave on that. I don’t know if she wants shrimp in pasta that I’ve done for her or grilled, I can be flexible on that .

I just looked up this gruyere gougere french thingy.
I knew I should have done it where my GF could not see.
oh what is that? Looks good. Oh gruyere, shrimp and dough. You make that

Uh oh.

Last edited:
Sorry pal, yeah, the women go nuts for these, it’s really a every simple Choux pastry done savory. Make sure the eggs are room temp, they will incorporate much better. I have poked a hole in the bottom and filled them with salmon paté, ham salad, or something interesting.
I use the Cuisinart to do the addition of the cheese and eggs after making the panade, I used to do it by hand with a friend and we were pretty well “Popeye armed” by the end!
A pastry bag will help make them pretty.
My recipe is based on the original cuisinart cookbook that came with my first unit! It’s the same as the one from “Saveur” magazine some 30+ years ago.
I’ve subbed beer for the water and cheddar for the gruyere but the gruyere is best.75659BDC-1DBF-4A62-A210-7F6352F78C0D.jpeg
And, of course you can leave the cheese out, add a little sugar and make cream puffs or profiteroles (ice cream filled)
I had a friend come to a party and they were supposed to do the dessert, the pears were not anywhere near ready so, I knocked out a batch of profiteroles and the guest looked at me in awe saying “NOBODY just whips up profiteroles!”
I beg to differ.

Last edited:
Sorry pal, yeah, the women go nuts for these, it’s really a every simple Choux pastry done savory. Make sure the eggs are room temp, they will incorporate much better. I have poked a hole in the bottom and filled them with salmon paté, ham salad, or something interesting.
I use the Cuisinart to do the addition of the cheese and eggs after making the panade, I used to do it by hand with a friend and we were pretty well “Popeye armed” by the end!
A pastry bag will help make them pretty.
My recipe is based on the original cuisinart cookbook that came with my first unit! It’s the same as the one from “Saveur” magazine some 30+ years ago.
I’ve subbed beer for the water and cheddar for the gruyere but the gruyere is best.View attachment 30640
And, of course you can leave the cheese out, add a little sugar and make cream puffs or profiteroles (ice cream filled)
I had a friend come to a party and they were supposed to do the dessert, the pears were not anywhere near ready so, I knocked out a batch of profiteroles and the guest looked at me in awe saying “NOBODY just whips up profiteroles!”
I beg to differ.
You killin me!

I want one.
No Bruce, you want 20! Trust me!
Granddaughter calls them “Cheesy puffy little men”!
The thing is, it’s more technique to get the desired result, more air, better loft. Have everything ready the first few times, it all comes together very quickly, I like to put some rasping of nutmeg just after I take the panade off the heat (into the Cuisinart)
This is such a versatile recipe, once you share them, you WILL be asked to make them for everything!
Pre grated cheese (Swiss) is treated with cellulose and may need some water adjustment so, keep that in mind, a touch more water, or a splash of brandy? I’ve made them in so many stages of sobriety they are wonderful!

Last edited:

Back