Finally Got To Make My Roti Chicken

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
Been wanting to do this for a couple of weeks after seeing a few others on here recently.

But with the monsoons and high winds I couldn’t get it done.

Yesterday we had a forecast of rains but no winds so I decided to give it a try.
Used the E320 gasser that’s on the covered patio which worked out well. It did rain pretty hard but just came straight down so it worked out well.
I gave the chicken a light coat of Weber’s carne asada and let it spin for about an hour with the center burner off and the front and back on medium running about 400 on the hood thermometer.
Chicken came out great very moist and tasty.
Made some mashed taters and Barb cooked up some Brussel sprouts.
It was really a great dinner on a rainy night.

101_6960.JPG

101_6970.JPG

101_6972.JPG

101_6974.JPG

101_6978.JPG

Looks delicious, Rich! Classic chicken, mashers and a nice green veggie kicked up with the spun bird! I need to get my rotisserie going, too!

R

Well, the roti chicken isn’t going to happen this afternoon, I’m leaning toward a sausage fest! Baked sweet potatoes, roasted beets. Sausages will include sweet Italians, Hungarian and, Greeks! I think I will need 2 grills humming!

Rich,
I am so jealous of this cook. I have had a whole chicken in the freezer for over two months waiting for a roti cook with dripping gravy and the fixing. I just having got around to or when I make plans it 100 degrees outside so I don't want to heat the house out making the sides. I have to get on that.
Your looks amazing! I say pass me a plate! PLEASE!!!

Last edited:
Rich and Barb
Glad you finally got to spin your bird and thankfully the rain didn't stop you either.
Looks delicious.

Back