Fall clearances have started!

Picked up a couple of those GBS grates last year for the SmokeFire, may have been $30.
Last night at Lowe’s I grabbed 7 bags of Weber pellets. They had a lot of other stuff on sale, nothing I currently needed.

Last edited:
IMO that is actually the true value level it should be at. No way it should be a $1k grill
Especially since there is zero aftermarket parts availability for the recent Webers. Sure you can tout their customer support regarding part replacement under warranty...that has no level of comfort to me.
Like forking over $53K for a new car and you can't find parts.

I had to go to Lowe's to pick up a replacement bench grinder. This thread inspired me to go looking. I found similar to what Ralph posted:

IMG_7856.jpeg

I walked out with the 4 remaining stainless GBS grates that will fit an x000 or Silver/Gold Genesis grill. The 11.07 wasn't enough of a lure to get me to stock up on more Grill Master Blend pellets, even though I like them VERY much. But they also had Hickory:

IMG_7857.jpeg

I jumped at one of those even though I have some hickory from another brand. I thought it was interesting that the Grill Master was priced that much more than the Hickory when they all started at the same price. I think the word is out about how well the Grill Master blend works. It is the only pellet type I have used where my wife - who doesn't even like smoke in the first place - said "Well THAT smells good!"

Also saw this:

IMG_7854.jpeg

I personally like the new Weber covers, so I got one that fits the Genesis II and also the 300 series Genesis grills. If you have a larger grill, $27.97 for the 4-burner Genesis II is a total steal!

I've been checking HD for clearance items. Specifically, for one of the three MasterBuilt 560 Gravity Series they have in boxes way up on the top shelf of the grill lsle. The only one on display is the 1050. If I could snag one for $250 like the previous clearance, I'll pop. Otherwise not interested.
Or maybe take that $250 and get an ASmoke 300 portable pellet smoker to play with.

We don't get all the cool clearance sales here in Oklahoma. We are a year round grilling market. As much as I miss having the sales, I prefer being a market that I can grill year round and I can buy pretty much any Weber or grill product any month of the year.

Is Brick Seek ever right?
While I rarely use it, I have never had an instance that it was correct.
Obviously, the reason I rarely use it.

I used it last January to buy a Masterbuilt MB560 at Walmart, regular price $500, I got it for $250. And just missed getting it for $150 at another Walmart.

But I do find Brickseek hard to navigate. I've also heard there's been Masterbuilt MB1050's deeply discounted by Walmart and on Brickseek, but not here.

The 7586 Stainless GBS grates are now $16.97 at Lowes. There's one left at the South Nashua (across from BJs) store.
Someone "may" have slid it out of sight behind the grates on the right. Not sure about the other stores.
20211208_112525.jpg

Just got back from a run through Home Depot. Nothing worth talking about there. I don't think they ever really did have a true "sale" this fall.

Just got back from a run through Home Depot. Nothing worth talking about there. I don't think they ever really did have a true "sale" this fall.
I like HD's "clearance" on ignitors: regular price $14.99, clearance $14.02. Thanks a lot.

I've got a HD and a Menards down the street from me but the Lowes is just too far enough out of the way to just pop by. Which is probably a good thing.

HD never has a any good sales just like Ralph said.

They used to clear them out at the end of the season here. But they got tired of low sales and losing money. So for several years now there has been very little if any reason to go to hd. Even if you absolutely have to have some part, screw, or disease. Not worth the hassle, cost, danger.

Back