Fall clearances have started!

The Lowe’s by me still has SmokeFire hickory pellets for $8.07 and Grill Master ones for $8.97. I have bought all I can get by with, but I am a little surprised the shelf hasn’t emptied by now. They have a few other severe markdowns left as well.

Just got back from Lowes by me in NY. Picked up a 4 burner cover for $50. Not as good as others but I could use the cover, mine is deteriorating.
The grate system for the spirit was a killer deal, too bad I can’t use it.
Nothing else that great

Bad year for end of season sales this year. I didn't see the online (Amazon) markdowns like last year either.

We were upper 60's. Records were broken all over. Then huge winds. 70 mph. Time to get the Hobie back out.
Up near LM it neared 70 degrees. But no worries. We will get a lot of snow late in the season.

The Lowe’s by me still has SmokeFire hickory pellets for $8.07 and Grill Master ones for $8.97. I have bought all I can get by with, but I am a little surprised the shelf hasn’t emptied by now. They have a few other severe markdowns left as well.
OK, I've been hearing about these pellets on clearance for a while. How does one go about using them? The bargain hunter in me just wants to buy some and figure it out later. Do I need to buy something to put the pellets in or can I get by with a foil packet? I originally thought they were for the pellet grills, but with everyone on this sub-forum talking about them, figured I could use them on my gasser.

Ya, I beleive they are for pellet grills, but I know some use them as smoke fuel on gas grills. Pretty economical that way.

We were upper 60's. Records were broken all over. Then huge winds. 70 mph. Time to get the Hobie back out.
Up near LM it neared 70 degrees. But no worries. We will get a lot of snow late in the season.
I sure do hope not. Would make my year if I never even had to even start my new snow blower

You got a new snowblower? Been a shortage this year and of course price creep. 2012 was a warmish year here. Last snow was early in the season. And it rarely got below 32 in the city. 2014...

I always said, "if there was no summer, climate, pollution, etc., people would care"

No winter, housing will just get more expensive...

No Bruce. We got rain. Quite a lot of it actually. As for the blower Tony. I got the last one at Home Depot of the Toro 724QXE I wanted. They tried to gouge me on price by $100 but I still managed to buy it at old price. I sold my little Honda HS621. Got more than I paid for it about 10 years ago as well

Honda snowblowers are great. The toro should be fantastic. You did well to get one and at a price. People are buying used ones for too much. The Honda's go for big bucks. I am repairing four here. Almost all done. Hopefully that means no snow. But my guess is by February we will get some.

I sold a 1998 24" Yard Machines 2 stage for $100 with $20 delivery last month. I had bought it for my son who needed it last year but moved so I got it back. I put a carb kit on it and a new shave bar. It had a 10 HP Techumseh on it and ran great after the carb kit.

Back